Confused!! Palladium or iridium need to confirm spec tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

parm

Hi all,

I've ordered my new c63amg s estate and I now have a build slot and I have to confirm spec tomorrow. However I'm torn on colours, I'm going to use the car every day and I normally go for black cars but they mark easily and I never find they retain their shine for too long.

So I'm torn between the below two choices, I want it to look sporty and wear well. I'm going for the nigh package:

Iridium silver with silver 19" upgrade to the multispoke

Or

Palladium silver with the matte black 19" wheels

Any experience with how the paint will wear with daily use would be appreciated.

Thank you

My palladium silver w204 is 2 years old and cars done 38k. Paint still looks like new when polished and waxed, seems to hold up quite well to chips and also scratches. Colour hides dirt well to. I personally think it looks more classy than the bright silvers.

Another vote for Palladium silver

Palladium, every time. That little bit more exclusive.

In fact, come to think of it, a lot more exclusive.

My palladium silver w204 is 2 years old and cars done 38k. Paint still looks like new when polished and waxed, seems to hold up quite well to chips and also scratches. Colour hides dirt well to. I personally think it looks more classy than the bright silvers.

Thank for that, good to know it can handle the mileage well, I do like palladium:thumb:
I'm familiar with how awful the paint has been on my last few bmw's but I seem to remember an article awhile back stating that the lacquer was harder on one if the shades of silver in the Merc range? Have I imagined this or is there something to it?

Thank for that, good to know it can handle the mileage well, I do like palladium:thumb:
I'm familiar with how awful the paint has been on my last few bmw's but I seem to remember an article awhile back stating that the lacquer was harder on one if the shades of silver in the Merc range? Have I imagined this or is there something to it?

I'm not aware of that but would be good to know if true.

Mercedes paint is quite famously 'hard', I don't know how it compares to BMW's though.

Palladium would be my choice out of those two.

Mine's Palladium and seems to hide the dirt better than Iridium being that bit darker. The black wheels set it off as well.

I have a battle on my hands I'm leaning towards Palladium and the wife likes iridium problem is we're both petrol heads and love our cars!

On the plus side I get a demo E63 AMG S Saloon on loan until Monday.....I can smell the rubber burning!!!

Mine's Palladium and seems to hide the dirt better than Iridium being that bit darker. The black wheels set it off as well.

I think the dirt issue is a good point, my white A45 looks horrible after a day in the rain

Not much help, but I like this, it's different

c1_zpsc1b9f707.jpg

c2_zps0e48556e.jpg

Not much help, but I like this, it's different

c1_zpsc1b9f707.jpg

c2_zps0e48556e.jpg

Wow!! That is nice, however I'm a bit superstitious about red cars as I've written every one I've owned off since being a spotty little kid:doh:

Does look nice though :thumb:

Palladium looks good, wears well and takes a lot to look dirty!:bannana:

Black looks even better but needs maintenance to keep clean and very shiney with lots of wax !:thumb:

Another vote for palladium. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom