Congestion Charge Western Extension SCRAPPED!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
YES!!

Boris announced today he's scrapping it!

Stupid idea in the first place. Opposed by 75%-95% of people in various official poles before and during the scheme.

No effect on air quality. Congestion actually went up! (90% discount for residents wanting to drive into the West End....).

People like me (just over a mile north) suffering huge increases in congestion on the periferal routes plus huge detours when trying to head west, south or southwest.

After the gas guzzler tax was scrapped we have now another tax -reduction - miraculous :)

What a great bit of news.

Good riddance.

ah good stuff...so thats then back to the previous limit starting at hyde park corner (if travelling in from the west)?

ah good stuff...so thats then back to the previous limit starting at hyde park corner (if travelling in from the west)?

Yeah that's the one.

MUCH better.

I've lived in West and North West london for twenty years (Hammersmith, Notting Hill, Ladbroke Grove, Kensal Rise, Brondesbury Park) and (unlike the Central Zone) the Western Extension never made any sense to me.

Or 80% of residents who voted against it. Or the 90% of local businesses who voted against it.

So it's bollx to Ken/TfL and a big thanks to Boris for listening to people and making the right change.

It always struck me that the Western extension was a tax the rich charge, why pick on the west of London when congestion is just as bad or worse at the other three points of the compass? The Trotskyite(sp?) Livingstone must be seething with rage today, the thought of which has made mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom