Congestion Charge.....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

franey

Car
W201 190 2.5d, W124 300d 24v, W221 S350 AMG
I am driving to London in the morning and was wondering is there still a charge for entering London?
I have to go to the Knightsbridge Hotel and apart from being nervous about driving in a big city I recall there used to be a charge for entering an area.
Does this still apply?

Cheers.

Oh yes!!!

If you must drive, why don't you drive to say Peterborough and get the train in from then on. Better than trying to navigate your way around the city and then park etc.

Trains to London from Donny are great - I wouldn't drive tbh.

There is still a CC which you can pay online for convenience.

..........and they say it's grim up North?
That's daylight robbery!

I cannot avoid going in the car, have to collect a relative and big suitcases.

How do I know if I have 'penetrated' the walls of the CC then? or is it like a NCP car park where you just take the ticket from a machine?

I tend to drive to Finchley Central (it's a couple of quid to park in the week (compared to Peterborough where the station car park is £10/day)) and tube it in

How do I know if I have 'penetrated' the walls of the CC then? or is it like a NCP car park where you just take the ticket from a machine?

Your vehicle reg is read by about a million CCTV cameras; if you haven't paid up by end of day, a fine will wing its way to you (or at least to the DVLA recorded keeper, initially)

It's only £8 if you pay it the same day and as it's a one off I don;t think it's that bad really.

Sits back and waits..;)

Sits back and waits..;)

For a one off trip I really don't see the problem - but this isn't about the rights and wrongs of the CC;)

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

Who's stupid idea was it anyway?

I pay road tax for two vehicles even though I can only drive one at a time, then I pay duty on the fuel. All the fuel I will use going from Doncaster to London, you'd think they would let me off or give me a 'Yorkshire Discount'

So in theory as I am paying to go to a normally congested area, it will be a clear run, I'll be able to drive straight there without delay and park outside the hotel without fear of being charged anything else?

Looks like my boy is doing without icecream this weekend.

Whereabouts in London do you have to go?

Its only the very central area that has the charge.

You may be able to avoid it by careful planning.

However, with fuel at 110p+++ a litre, you dont need much of a detour to make it worth paying the CC if it makes it more direct.

Whereabouts in London do you have to go?

Its only the very central area that has the charge.

He's going to Knightsbridge which is covered by the charge.

Pammy, what's the VRM of your blokes works motor?:eek:

So in theory as I am paying to go to a normally congested area, it will be a clear run, I'll be able to drive straight there without delay and park outside the hotel without fear of being charged anything else?
Wishful thinking - meter parking at usual city centre rates. I'd arrange to them to be ready at the door so you can just pick them up - not difficult with mobile phones these days.

Man Flu!!??**
That's real bad man.
Hope you pull through.

Where I come from it helps if you wear a flat cap everyday, chew on crumbled coal (fresh from the ground you understand) and only smoke cigs made from dog ends of roll ups instead of the regular filtered variety.
Oh and not forgetting to take t'Jack Russell for a walk while t'tea mashes.

Grim up north without congestion charge.

Man Flu!!??**
That's real bad man.
Hope you pull through.

Where I come from it helps if you wear a flat cap everyday, chew on crumbled coal (fresh from the ground you understand) and only smoke cigs made from dog ends of roll ups instead of the regular filtered variety.
Oh and not forgetting to take t'Jack Russell for a walk while t'tea mashes.

Grim up north without congestion charge.

Hope your t'internet connection is good and don't forget to take your ferret down t'pub for a pint of mild!

Trouble at mill,

Cross beam gon out skew on treadle......

lmao.... apologies to all Northerners for that! (he says sipping Pimms and eating cucumber sandwiches!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom