Congestion, whta Congestion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chattonmill

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E55 AMG
A pictorial summary of My Saturday motoring......

Took The OH's Eldest to Rugby and back

18102008142.jpg

Then went and played hockey and returned home
21102008144.jpg

I am so glad that I dont live in the overcrowded south:D

Your MPG is pretty low. An average of 60 on mway runs should see the car well above 40mpg.

Obviously a passenger took the one where the speedo shows 60 ;)

....and did it really take you 9 1/2 hours for the last 121 miles???? ;) Maybe this would explain why *** thinks your mpg was a little low :D

something does not add up.
maybe he came across one of those specs average speed cameras after canning it so he decided to take a lengthy pit stop on the side of the road, hence the time :D :D

MPG is Low beacuse we dont have any motorways in this county! Was a mixture of A and B roads with some dual carriage ways.

....and did it really take you 9 1/2 hours for the last 121 miles???? ;) Maybe this would explain why *** thinks your mpg was a little low :D

At that rate of MPG I'd expect 121 miles to be covered in about an hour. If it were all dual carriage ways ;)

Still I have never hit an average of 60mph in my life, even driving from Helensburgh to Edinburgh. In comparison the same model of car can do this.

DSC01113.jpg

That includes driving accross edinburgh in stop start conditions (it hit 53mpg earlyO.

It included about 40 miles of B and A road, and the rest before edinburgh city of Mway at 60mph. (going via stirling)

Last edited:
Ignore the clock, I took the picture this morning as I havent been anywhere since Saturday evening:eek:

Ignore the clock, I took the picture this morning as I havent been anywhere since Saturday evening:eek:

Its still surprisingly low. However I can't say I've ever had as high an average speed as that. I'll try and see how I do on the way to the Xmas GTG.

At that rate of MPG I'd expect 121 miles to be covered in about an hour. If it were all dual carriage ways ;)

Eeekk that would be an average speed of 121mph which would almost certainly mean peak speeds well above that:eek:

We get an average of 60 mph for the run to/from the south of Germany. That includes the Eurotunnel and one fuel stop, cruise set to 120 kph (75 mph) the rest of the time.

Its still surprisingly low. However I can't say I've ever had as high an average speed as that. I'll try and see how I do on the way to the Xmas GTG.

I suppose that wold be the difference between the 220 and the 320, mineis an estate and my right foot is on the heavy size, I blame it on being a size 13:D

I suppose that wold be the difference between the 220 and the 320, mineis an estate and my right foot is on the heavy size, I blame it on being a size 13:D

Oh Phew...I had it my mind it was a 220cdi. The engine turns over about the same speed at 2k rpm. And mines a saloon. Not so bad now.

What are you talking about?

I can drive from Guildford to Torquay and back in one hit in 5.5 hours
Likewise - Bristol -> Stanstead and back in a similar time 4.5 hours. Bristol -> St Ives (in August) 2 hour 50 mins.

Just depends what time of day you are driving!!

It's not always that bad down south... ;)

I managed Leicestershire to Croyden and back (M1 & the dreaded M25), in just under 5 hours, although, admittedly, it was on a sunday. My best ever mpg too, which considering I was cruising at 85 - 90 leptons for much of the time, is pretty impressive for a 3.2 petrol! :cool:

DSC00141-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom