Congratulations Mercedes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Well done all at Mercedes AMG F1!

A great first championship!

And congrats to Lewis for winning the first Russian GP! :)

A Sunday stroll for Lewis mainly due to Rosberg trying to win the race in the first bend

I thought Bernie and Putin looked good together.:devil:

Rosberg... you nugget lol.

Lewis has this in the bag.

That's the trouble though.... he doesn't. One DNF and Rosberg is back in front. Let's hope it doesn't happen, but he's hardly had the luckiest year.

AMG win their first championship AND Marquez wins second Moto GP championship.

Great job Mercedes AMG, Well done.

Mercedes engines took the first five places. Great!

Rosberg's lock-up was spectacular and possibly cost him the first place. Well done Nico for getting to 2nd place and a great placing for Lewis. However I thought that the race was a bit uneventful, perhaps the Ruskies have done a too good job with the circuit.

Not a Mercedes engine though is it really ;) Made by Ilmore in Northamptonshire. Mercedes just bought the company and rebranded it.

Hand crafted in Northampton...more cobblers ?:D

In post race interview Toto Wolff seemed slightly taken-aback by "Fast-Eddie" Jordan's request to acknowledge Ross Brawn's early contribution to the Mercedes F1 team success. But ever the consumate diplomat Toto was happy to oblige. :thumb:

Rosberg's lock-up was spectacular and possibly cost him the first place. Well done Nico for getting to 2nd place and a great placing for Lewis. However I thought that the race was a bit uneventful, perhaps the Ruskies have done a too good job with the circuit.

To cost him first place he would have needed to compete for it. Apart from his ****-up in the 2nd corner he never competed for first place. However well he recovered, it doesn't make up for the school boy error.

That's also the first time I've seen winning a race described as 'a great placing'. I can only assume you are not a fan of Lewis Hamilton. I can understand that, but equally you have to appreciate the fact that he's the best driver out of the two of them.

The only reason there is still debate about the drivers championship is down to the rubbish points system. I understand the need to keep it interesting for as long as possible, but it's also poor situation when you have one driver clearly ahead with 9 wins to 4 that you could still have it decided by car reliability alone.

cheers, Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom