Connecting an iPod Touch 6..help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercy49

Car
Mercedes C Class 204 2013
HI
I have a w204 2013 car with the Media Interface without the original cable. I am trying to connect an iPod Touch 6 for Spotify. Advice sought, what cable and adapter do I need?
My understanding is a 30 pin adapter and the right cable will do it.
Can anyone advice on the correct cable?

thanks

angus

This Is what i mean instead of the apple cable

Mercedes C E S Class iPod iPhone AMI MMI Audio Interface Cable Lead +

Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter

can you not do it via Bluetooth ?

Looks like the ones I need, before I spend money I want to check with the Command Recruitment people. I don’t know whether its compatible with the pod 6 touch.

The bluetooth isn’t compatible my Audio. But it would be with the mobile phone if ai had a iPhone i think... see what I mean :crazy:

best

I use iphone 6s through these cables.

As you know the bluetooth only operates the phone, which is great, but music is the issue. I have had my phone connected through these cables but have actually now just downloaded a whole load of music onto a USB and use that so I don't have a cable coming out of the glove box.

I can shoot you a video of either an iphone, ipad or ipod working if you want the reassurance. Being gadget mad, I have quite a few variants of these around the house.

I am also looking to get a device I read about that uses the connector and acts as a full bluetooth receiver. My only concern is possible conflict with the main unit.

If I could be bothered I guess I could transfer all the music to the internal storage drive, but that might involve reading the instruction book... yeah right - like thats going to happen <g>.

Has anyone got an iPod/Phone 6 to work with the Audio 20 unit. I tried connecting the apple USB in the centre console but the device would not be recognised. I will go to Command Online to see what they can do, just didn’t think it would be so difficult to sort.
I bought the 2013 face lift model thinking it would be easier than this.

thanks for reading and sorry for my late response.

I should add I would like to stream the music files from Spotify!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom