Connecting into standard sound system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BEDA131

Car
'00 CLK320 Elegance
Hi all, first post here. I own a 2000 clk320 elegance, with the 6 disc changer, 8 speaker bose speakers.
I'm curious, is it possible to change the amp and, subs without changing the standard head unit? You see, I have got from a previous car my brother had, 2x 8inch subs, in a sub box. 2x 6*9s, a 450w pioneer amp, and 300w pioneer amp, plus a dose of wiring.

At this point I suppose I should say although I can find my way around cars mechanically easily, electrically, I'm useless lol.

Being skint, (who isn't wi these petrol prices!) I don't want to be spending to much cash, and I do like the idea of leaving the Mercedes head unit in the car. I've done some searching, couldn't really find anything relative. All im looking for is better high level sound, using what I have.

Any suggestions appreciated :)

Leon

Leon, my advice would be not to touch it if you are trying to do it whilst skint.

When I say skint, I mean I'm not wanting to spend hundreds, not saying smaller things I could get. I was using it as a relative saying, making a point.

Leon, ok, tbh, the headunit will have preouts, albeit not in the form you are used to, you will find a convertor for these, all depends on the headunit you have.

or you can take the speaker signals and put it through something like
MTX REQ5 - MTX Re-Q Car Audio Bass/Sound Restoration Processor REQ or there is a JLAudio and rockford equivelent, this would be the cheapest way of putting your gear in and still maintaining your current headunit

He said he has BOSE, does the BOSE headunit have normal speaker outputs? Also AFAIK the impedance of the BOSE speakers are different from normal aftermarket speakers.

The Bose units are controlled with fibre optic outputs so i dont think anything will work short of rewiring the entire soundsystem of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom