Connecting iPhone to Bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Hi all

Can't figure out how to connect my i4 to the Bluetooth in my new car.

It's got the Bluetooth doodah in the armrest , and I can get as far as getting to the point to pair it , but have no idea of the code ?

Can't find it written anywhere either.

The car finds my phone , and then asks for a code , which I presume is 0000 as I've never changed it but it says unable to connect.

When I use the phone to search for the car , it find UHI something or other , but asks for a code. Tried 0000 and other simple things it might be , but no joy ?

Am I missing something simple ?

Cheers

H

Tried 1234 , no joy ..

Will try 1111 when I get into the car later :)

If that fails Howard carry out a hard reset on iphone4 then repeat above . ;0)

If its the Mercedes black HFP device (looks like this Mercedes Bluetooth HFP Adapter | Mercedes Bluetooth & Phone | Comand Online Ltd ) then: -

a) you need to get it into pairing mode, by holding down the bottom section for about 5 seconds when the blue led will flash fast
b) Pairing code is 62872 ("mbusa")

If when searching for devices on your phone, you see nothing or something with UHI and SNI in the title, ignore those, you haven't put the HFP in pairing mode)

Richard

Yes , that's the one Richard !

I'll give it a go !id enter the pairing code on my phone presumably or via comand ?

Cheers :thumb:

H

Yes , that's the one Richard !

I'll give it a go !id enter the pairing code on my phone presumably or via comand ?

Cheers :thumb:

H

You are pairing the phone with the BT adapter. When you do that, your phone prompts for a code, that is where you should enter the code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom