Connecting NTG2.5 to existing phone microphone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigos

Car
W211 E220 CDI avantgarde estate
Hi

I am new to this forum and to MB. I am currently retro fitting NTG2.5 to my early 2008 W211 that currently has the old Audio 20 system and wired phone installation.

I have all the adaptors, leads and GPS antenna required for the fit however I don't know where I need to run the cable for the phone mic. Reading other posts has confused the matter. Do I need the run it to the rear view mirror or to the rear of the car?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Either to the microphone which is in the rear-view mirror, or often easier (depending what you are retrofitting) to the interconnect point where the roof harness meets the body harness, which is behind the left side rear passenger's seat back bolster. The correct retrofit cable will just plug in there

Both will work fine - just depends what you feel like taking apart.

Richard

Many thanks, that clears up the confusion i guess going to the rear of the car is going to be easier than going to the mirror.

I do however have another issue with the reception on the radio or lack of it. The FM is no where near as good as before and I can't get AM at all. The chap I bought it off said he had to swap a pin around but couldn't remember which one. At the moment pin 3 on connector 2 on the original quadlock, which is apparently "antenna actuation" is not connected to anything? Any thoughts?

BTW is have the correct antenna 2 into 1 adaptor fitted.

The adapter lead you used to convert the wiring should have sorted the antenna power for you.

Radio reception is now fine, just as good as it was with the old Audio 20. Turns out nothing was going to the blue wire on the original quad lock (connector C pin 3). Now that it is connected it works fine. The adaptor I am using was wired wrong, just swapped over the pins.

A lot has been written about the radio reception after retro fitting ntg2.5 however this shows that if you do it correctly there is no need to change amps as some posts have suggested.

Both FM and AM have excellent reception now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom