connecting phone to comand bluetooth 2004 CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kwmason

Car
320 CLK Convertible, AMG upgrade
Hi All,

home someone can help here. I have just purchased my 1st MB a 2004 320CLK with Comand and Blue tooth.
It has a phone cradle in the arm rest but my blackberry 9800 torch is obvioulsy incompatible with this. The comand centre has blue tooth and I can connect the phone to it but it doesn't seem to then actually do anything ie call etc still go simply via my phone - if i try and upload contacts it eventually un-connects and everytime I come back to the car it doesnt auto conect.

my question is can i make my phone simply connect via bluetooth this way so it works using the phone buttons on the consol/steering wheel, if so how?

would I need to by a bluetooth cradlee which seems odd as blue tooth is already a feature of the car?

hope you guys can help.

Cheers

cheers, i will readd the info and see if i can work out from it what i need but im guessing i remove the phone cradle and replace it with a bluetooth cradle such as this since my car is a 2004 model MERCEDES HFP BLUETOOTH PHONE CRADLE - Part No B67875877 | eBay

or should i yet this model that appears to sit in the phone cradle

Mercedes Benz Bluetooth car kit cradle ViseeO MBU 1000 | eBay

The ViseeO 1000 works fine in my 2004 E55. Just pop it in the cradle and pair it with your phone - job done :)

cheers, i will readd the info and see if i can work out from it what i need but im guessing i remove the phone cradle and replace it with a bluetooth cradle such as this since my car is a 2004 model MERCEDES HFP BLUETOOTH PHONE CRADLE - Part No B67875877 | eBay

or should i yet this model that appears to sit in the phone cradle

Mercedes Benz Bluetooth car kit cradle ViseeO MBU 1000 | eBay

The Viseeo MBU1000 is for cars with a fixed curly lead cradle.

For cars with UHI connector the cradle is exchangeable so you can use the Viseeo MB2 or HFP. All explained on the first link I posted in post #2.

Last edited:
going to order a viseeo mb2 - is ther anything that would enable texts to be read by the COMAND

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom