Connection in Glovebox - What is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iceviolet

Car
2007 CLS 500, W114 280CE (resto)
Hello,
I have a 2007 CLS 500 and in the glovebox is a usb connection, an ipod connection and then there is this other black box with a switch on it and what looks like a phono red and white sockets? There is also the standard 3mm jack built into the glovebox at the top.
I have figured out how to use the ipod connector, its a dension connector and operated via the cd changer menus.

I havent figured out what the black box is for though. Does anybody know what this black box is for or what it is supposed to do??

Cheers,

Sam

Attachments

• IMG_20140803_160144 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20140803_160144 (Large).jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 51
With the left/right channels, could it be an aftermarket signal booster for 3.5mm to twin plugs (standard phono)? Just a guess based on the number of people who have posted about how low the 3.5mm socket volume is. Can't quite see the name on the unit; what is it?

Last edited:
That writing is not the make, it says reset and there is a hole next to it.
There is no other writing on it.

It can only be for audio- there is no yellow video plug so not for 'playstation' or video camera. Because there is a power switch, I stand by my guess for audio signal booster. Until someone shoots me down in flames, of course.

It would be interesting to find out who made it etc because several people have asked for solutions to low volume level on the 3.5mm jack input.

Last edited:
Looks like a Dension GW500 to me. Select CD changer and plug in an iPod

Richard

Thanks for the replies, So the small box is just in fact a aux connection that goes through the dension interface. I had already figured out how to use the ipod one.

I was hoping I could get my phone to work through the usb but it looks like it is just for audio.
Looks like I will have to by the Bluetooth adapter for under the arm rest. Pricey though for a bluetooth adapter!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom