Connection Point for Battery Charging on 2005 e 55 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

littlewimp

Car
2005 E55 AMG
Trying to find a connection point for a trickle charger, cant open Boot not even even with the key so looking for some help. Thanks

I've just had a look inside the engine bay of my 04 E55 and can't see any obvious charging point. Sorry.

Trying to find a connection point for a trickle charger, cant open Boot not even even with the key so looking for some help. Thanks
Just checking how you tried, did you turn the key, whilst holding the key... then operate the outside handle?

There is no jump point under the bonnet on the E55. I had the same problem recently where my battery was flat and couldn’t gain entry into the boot because my key wouldn’t work.. the way I got in was to put 12v briefly direct to the alternator and have someone to standby with key to press open on the remote... this did work.. you can get to the alternator from the top but is a bit of a bitch to get to... hope this helps

There is no jump point under the bonnet on the E55. I had the same problem recently where my battery was flat and couldn’t gain entry into the boot because my key wouldn’t work.. the way I got in was to put 12v briefly direct to the alternator and have someone to standby with key to press open on the remote... this did work.. you can get to the alternator from the top but is a bit of a bitch to get to... hope this helps

Managed to get my Charger connected onto back of Alternator and its taking a charge hopefully in a few hours i should be able to gain access to the Boot, fit new Battery and look at the Problem with the Key , Thanks All much appreciated.

Any where there's a permanent live connection to the battery and a decent earth is the answer. Alternator is good :) likewise the main powerlead to the starter solenoid :) - with the second you might need to get underneath the car. :( But even this is useful if you can't get access to the bonnet release

Positive connector is to the Rh side of the Aux Battery under a plastic flap.

Negative Connector is the Brass post on top of the NSF Suspension turret.

I use the above to keep mine on trickle

I fitted a cigarette lighter in the boot directly onto the battery via 10a fuse, on my trickle charger I fitted a male cigarette lighter end and just plug in the trickle charger to that so it’s nice and easy to charge with no messing around under bonnet or removing trim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom