Connectng PC to LCD TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chattonmill

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E55 AMG
Just wondering what I would need to do this.
We have a room set up for the youngster with an xbox connected to a Cheapish LCD TV.
Looking on the web it would seem that this is not as straight forward as just getting a cable.
The TV Has Scart inputs and rca inputs, not sure what else, but no VGA connection.
Any Thoughts?
Thanks

If it has not got VGA (which is unusual) you either need to buy a video card with RCA out, or if the TV takes HDMi a video card with HDMi out.

If it is *just* an LCD TV then you need a TV out modulator, and frankly the picture quality is likely to be crap.

Best to put the LCD TV aside for future use as a CCTV monitor, and buy a cheap LCD TV with preferably RGB VGA PC connector or failing that HDMI.

If it is *just* an LCD TV then you need a TV out modulator, and frankly the picture quality is likely to be crap.

Best to put the LCD TV aside for future use as a CCTV monitor, and buy a cheap LCD TV with preferably RGB VGA PC connector or failing that HDMI.

I'd second that, although if the TV does have a HDMI connector then you can get a VGA to HDMI adapter e.g.:
VGA to HDMI Convertor with Audio Support - Free Delivery : HDTV Accessories : Maplin

I'm sure you could get one cheaper if you shopped around.

If the TV has component (RGB phonos) then you can get a VGA to component cable ISTR?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom