Connectng PC to LCD TV

Discussion in 'PC and I.T support/Advice posts' started by Chattonmill, May 27, 2010.

1. Chattonmill

Chattonmill MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S211 E55 AMG
    Just wondering what I would need to do this.
    We have a room set up for the youngster with an xbox connected to a Cheapish LCD TV.
    Looking on the web it would seem that this is not as straight forward as just getting a cable.
    The TV Has Scart inputs and rca inputs, not sure what else, but no VGA connection.
    Any Thoughts?
    Thanks

2. davidjpowell

davidjpowell MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Range Rover Vogue, Volvo XC60 and crappy Pug 307
    If it has not got VGA (which is unusual) you either need to buy a video card with RCA out, or if the TV takes HDMi a video card with HDMi out.

1 person likes this.
  3. iscaboy

iscaboy Active Member

Car:
    W124 E300 D (1991)
    If it is *just* an LCD TV then you need a TV out modulator, and frankly the picture quality is likely to be crap.

Best to put the LCD TV aside for future use as a CCTV monitor, and buy a cheap LCD TV with preferably RGB VGA PC connector or failing that HDMI.

1 person likes this.
  4. Soltan

Soltan Active Member

Car:
    E320 CDI Estate
    I'd second that, although if the TV does have a HDMI connector then you can get a VGA to HDMI adapter e.g.:
    VGA to HDMI Convertor with Audio Support - Free Delivery : HDTV Accessories : Maplin

I'm sure you could get one cheaper if you shopped around.

5. MrT

MrT Active Member

Car:
    2013 SLK 250 CDI AMG Sport
    If the TV has component (RGB phonos) then you can get a VGA to component cable ISTR?

Tags: