Considering a CLS 55 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cja1

Car
S500 Mercedes w220
Hi guys, I hope you are all well. I am new to the MB club forums, this is my first post. As mentioned above, I am looking to purchase a cls 55 amg.
I am looking for something pristine, I currently own a w220 s500 and looking to add an amg to that. I'd just like to know what ball park figure I could expect to pay for a clean original example. I will also add that I prefer low mileage examples.

Well theres a piece of string that runs from about 8k to about 15k for the most optimistic sellers. Just look on ebay/autotrader and you will get a feel. I would think you would pick up a nice low mileage example (less than 80 k miles) for around 11/12k. Not many around with low miles now so bit of a premium to pay. Great cars. I bought mine at 70k and have used it as my daily for five years

Great cars IMO. I'd imagine £10k will get you a nice one. The prices seem to be on the up.

I've owned mine for almost 3 years at 118k and it's now done 123k. When I was looking about there were lower mileage cars that were in worse condition. Bearing in mind there getting on in age now what would some people class as low or high miles for a 15/16 year old car?

Great cars IMO. I'd imagine £10k will get you a nice one. The prices seem to be on the up.

I've owned mine for almost 3 years at 118k and it's now done 123k. When I was looking about there were lower mileage cars that were in worse condition. Bearing in mind there getting on in age now what would some people class as low or high miles for a 15/16 year old car?
Thanks for replying. I know as long as it has been looked after 120,000 region is nothing for the engines.
However I personally prefer low mileage low registered keeper examples.
As an example going back a couple of years I purchased a w220 s500 2003 with 54000 on the clock in very good condition.
I know I’ll probably be searching for a while to find the right one to keep hopefully for many years.

Well theres a piece of string that runs from about 8k to about 15k for the most optimistic sellers. Just look on ebay/autotrader and you will get a feel. I would think you would pick up a nice low mileage example (less than 80 k miles) for around 11/12k. Not many around with low miles now so bit of a premium to pay. Great cars. I bought mine at 70k and have used it as my daily for five years
Thanks for the info. It’s a waiting gaming I guess to find the right one. There was one I enquired about recently has had a lot of preventative maintenance carried out needs for nothing. The gentleman just would not negotiate on the price fair enough, however the next person would be the 7th owner that put me off slightly.

They are quite a few years old now and a lot of people have them to scratch the AMG itch. So you will often find a lot of owners as you do with most old high performance cars. If the service history is reasonable then go on condition rather than owners. Low owners is just a bonus. Yes it is a waiting game as there are only around 350 in the UK and if you want anything other than black or silver with black interior it could take years. I wanted Tanzanite Blue with a Cashmere interior. Took me three years and I was told, rightly or wrongly, that there were only three and I looked at two of them; mine was the second. Not one has come up for sale since I bought mine 4 years ago

Remember if cars have private plates fitted and then taken off again that will add two changes of registered keeper whether the car has been sold or not.

Remember if cars have private plates fitted and then taken off again that will add two changes of registered keeper whether the car has been sold or not.
No your wrong on that 1 sorry if you take a private plate off or put 1 on it DOESN'T add a registered keeper 😉

I can't understand why your not changing owner only the reg ,ive never had that issue with any of mine🤫

So basically on your assumption you can't buy a 1 owner car if its had a private plate on it?

So basically on your assumption you can't buy a 1 owner car if its had a private plate on it?
I dont think I said anything about 1 owner cars on private plates I just said when I changed the plates on mine it came back with an extra owner. Ps it’s to dangerous to assume things it usually makes an ass out of u and me.

Its simple maths i buy a car (1or more owner's) for arguments sake i put my plate on it then when I remove it to sell it,it will have had another owner if that happened to me id be straight on the phone it just doesn't make sence i bought my car as a 1 owner car ive had 3 different plates on it and its still a 1 owner car Not 4 owners
That's all im going to say:wallbash::wallbash:

This thread is interesting. Not sure if prices are temporarily on the up due to used car prices generally seeing the same trend, or if sellers are now trying to make as much as they can. Most CLS55s now are £13-14k upwards although there aren't many on the market.

I'm also looking but it's difficult to work out what these are actually worth in today's market.

I dont think I said anything about 1 owner cars on private plates I just said when I changed the plates on mine it came back with an extra owner. Ps it’s to dangerous to assume things it usually makes an ass out of u and me.
Are you sure it came back with an extra owner rather than a newly issued V5, like when you change address?

I'm glad that the prices of these beauts are on the up. I've had mine 4 years next month.

It's not been totally painless to own but when I do get around to driving it, it makes sense for me to keep it a bit longer. There isn't much out there for £10k or so that can do it all like these can 😎

My CLS has had five owners (including me), but the second owner changed plates twice during his ownership, so had three V5Cs issued. That would be six previous owners shown on the current registration doc, would it?

No, it's four.

I don't buy into that malarkey that it adds another owner. I'm forever changing plates on cars and not once had this happen. It could have just been a "PICNIC" moment by the VRO/DVLA admin but certainly not a normal occurrence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom