Considering selling my 507 and getting a C63s.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scottish507

Car
C63 507 edition
I have a 2013 507 coupe in tenorite Grey, which I absolutely love, but a C63s has caught my eye, an edition 1 if I can afford it.

Has anyone moved from the NA engine to the biturbo and hated it? Be good to get some opinions?

Cheers.

If u can stretch to the latest 2019 C63s coupe, I’d say it’s an easy choice. Has to be the nicest looking coupe out there with a peach of an engine and nice interior. Values should hold up well too with next gen 63’s being 4 pots

I had a 2013 C63 saloon, briefly, and whilst the engine was a peach everything else felt a bit analogue in comparison to a W205 C63S coupe. My first one was an Edition 1 in silver, which I loved and really regretted selling. It attracted a lot of attention and postive comments in silver with the black stripes, but the stripes are a bit marmite. I couldn't find a decent Edition 1 coupe when I was looking recently, so bought a 2018 C63S Coupe in Selenite, which I am very happy with. I think the best Edition 1 out there currently is the silver one at Redline (I am biased, mine was silver, and I sold it to them a year ago but its not this one). I think there's a blue one with a Mercedes dealer as well, if you want peace of mind with warranty etc. But for the price of a 2016 Edition 1, you can get a 2018 C63s. The interior of the Edition 1 is very special, but this time round I was happier with a later car and a few extras that I didn't have before, such as HUD and 360 camera. Make the change, you won't regret it, particularly if its a car you use regularly.

Keep your m156 507, do not downgrade to a 205, test drive one and let us know your thoughts,.

I had the w204 ppp car and loved it and now have the w205 c63 which is a completely different car,it's quicker handles better and with all the toys it's a no brainer for me
Am I right in thinking the coupe had rear suspension issues?

E46 M3 and C36 AMG, you sold the best cars you ever owned.

I won't disagree with you, both were excellent, but not without their faults either.

The point here is that whilst they were great at the time, they were 'of their generation' and now superseded in every way by newer cars. Sure you can argue some points about dynamics, engines etc but those things in isolation don't mean that they are simply 'better' than newer cars of the same ilk.

You have to remember here that many of us don't want to buy old(er) cars, no matter what marque they are. I could go out tomorrow and buy me one of the last E46's (or even a C36 if I could find one) if I felt like it, but why would I want to? They're slower than my C63, taxing them is ridiculous and parts are becoming hard/impossible to find (in the case of the C36 at least).

Also, i'd just be opening myself up to all the old known (expensive) problems with an OLD car - particularly if I needed a new gearbox for the C36 (prone to lunching themselves if not properly cared for) or a new boot floor welding in for the E46 (as happened to me previously).

I'm sure the OP has enjoyed many years with his 507, but obviously has his reasons for wanting to change. It really isn't a crime to want to move to a newer car, nor is it a 'downgrade' to move to a 205.

I've only had short drives in an S205 C63S, a pre-facelift and a facelift. I own an S204 C63.

The newer car is somewhat of a different proposition. It's smoother, both in ride and the gearbox. The engine makes a decent sound but you don't feel it through the chassis like you do in the 204. The 205 makes a better road car for frequent use as it can return more sensible mpg when cruising. The seats are even more comfortable in the 204, but I found the Performance seats fine also.

The front end grip in the 205 is better and that's something I prioritise. With double wishbone suspension it's more sophisticated than the 204 and really digs into the road hard in a corner.

I found the sound of the biturbo isn't notably worse post facelift and neither are going to set your hair on fire. What is worth getting the facelift for is the 9spd gearbox, it's smoother, quicker and responds more promptly to paddle inputs.

I don't buy into the argument that the interior is nicer and more toys. The 204 is a nice place to be, as is the 205. The 204 has cruise control, speed limiting, satnav and Bluetooth. It can be upgraded to run Android Auto/Apple Carplay. As I have zero interest in self driving aids what toys are you missing...?

I'm sure you'd like a 205 but it's worth getting as much seat time as you can to see if you like it more. What you gain in usability you lose a bit in character.

Mate - I don’t think you know the difference between an opinion and a fact. Mistaking the former for the latter is making you sound a bit silly.

I’m glad I read that, those W205 sound truly awful cars. Let me summarise:

A few people had interior rattles and creaks, which the dealer can resolve.

A few more said that the brakes squeak and upgraded parts don’t help.

Someone rejected their car because their brakes squeaked.

Two people found that the hubs rust.

One person took ages to get used to the greater torque at low revs.

W204 owners like the W204 more.

Shocker.

I get that you like the W204 (and M156) along with the E46 and W202, and I understand that as I like them too, they remind me of another time. They’re especially good as a fun second, third or investment car, but I completely understand why someone who intends to use it as their main car and can afford to buyer newer do so.

Unfortunately the way you go out of your way to put down every other car apart from your own - makes you sound like one of those people who constantly talks up their share holdings in an attempt to drive up values. It can at times come across as being a bit desperate with too much to prove. I’m sure that’s not the case, especially in real life. It’s OK for other people to have other preferences.

I had a 204 C63 saloon with quaife. 507 wheels. Remap and exh. Pretty much all u can apart from headers and a SCharger. Good car, nice looking, well built, quick, good gearbox, very dated by today’s standard. I much prefer the newer tech. Plus after driving a Turbo car might actually feel slow in daily driving. To me the 2019 C63s coupe is everything u need from a sports coupe. Subtle but aggressive. Fast but not too loud. Best int in class. Quick and tuneable. Plus the new car has active engine mounts, revised susp settings and a 9spd trans. As well as new dash, steering w buttons and imo looks ultimate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom