constant live in rear of a W124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

is the any wire i can splice into at the rear (back seat) that has constant 12v?

i've tried the conmvience module and there is only live for when the car is unlocked. i need one that is constant whether its locked or unlocked.

i can of course run my own wire from the battery but i'd rather avoid this if possible.

thanks

derek

The light for the boot should be live, hold the boot pin switch in while you test it.

Dec

I would run a supply line from the accessory connector block which is located in the drivers footwell. I think there should be a fused 12v supply there?? Does depend on the current draw tho. If its a large current draw then best to run a separate fused supply line from the battery or fuse box

The light for the boot should be live, hold the boot pin switch in while you test it.

Dec

thanks. i have just noticed the previous owner has helpfully already added a wire from the battery that goes to the passenger footwell (for mobile phone handsfree unit), so i think i'll tap into that :)

thanks again

derek

The central locking pump has a black square 3-pin connector on it - the red/white wire in this connector is live at all times.

talbir

i ended up wiring straight to the battery as the previous owner had already routed a wire through to the passenger footwell.

thanks for all advice & help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom