Contact the police or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grovesy

SUPPORTER
Car
W212 E250 CDI / BMW E46
First of all I hope this is the right place to post this. Not sure if it’s better under incidents 🤔

My dad takes our family border collie to a park a couple of miles away. Over the past few days he has noticed a couple of cars very early in the morning acting suspiciously parked in the car park. They speed around our area and stop in random places for a few minutes and then zoom off.

Now I know the above is nothing strange or illegal in this day and age but what’s intriguing is when we checked the number plate out of interest for tax and insurance both came up with completely different vehicles. Eg one is a fiesta comes up as an Audi A4 avant.

Is it worth contacting the police via the non-emergency number? Or are we being nosey and should mind our own business?

Any opinions would be great as we don’t want to be nosey but want to obviously help if there’s any dodgy dealings going on!

If you ring 101 please let us know how long you wait and their response.
I gave up waiting twice.

Thanks for the replies all, thought it’d be worth getting a bit of advice. Not really that much crime in my area hence our hesitation. But I’ll give the law a ring, give them the details and see what happens!

If the plates don't line up to the cars in question, the police will be very interested to know about that so I would definitely report it.

I've done something similar in the past for a very flashy car to find out which engine it had but which came back as nothing like it! Turned out to be an error on the plate.

Last edited:
Called, gave all the details and was thanked and told I’ll be contacted again should any further information be required. Given a reference as well.

Was hoping to hear “The letter of the law, the letter” in a northern Irish accent but perhaps that will come later on.

Thanks for the help and comments all 💪

If you think something is suspect report it, if you found out later your child has been run over by one of these people and they F off you would never forgive yourself. If it looks sussy report it that way they can catch people.

With great power , comes great responsibility .

Grovesy, you sound like a normal person like the rest of us and you have seen something that you feel is just 'not quite right' . Go ahead and report it any way you see fit.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Grovesy, you sound like a normal person like the rest of us and you have seen something that you feel is just 'not quite right' . Go ahead and report it any way you see fit.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Thanks Pete! I try to be normal 😂

It’s all reported now, so I’ve done my part and hope it can be useful information in some way. Watch this space...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom