Contactless payment is it flaky or is it just EE?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
I decided to download the contactless payment app from EE called "Tap Wallet"

Not the most straightforward of apps to install but then my past experience of Orange / EE software has not always been good.

I eventually got the software to download, install and was able to set it up after a few attempts at creating an account because "the server has had a hiccup"

Today I try to set up a card for payment, it asks for your postcode, no problem as only two properties have this postcode and it finds them both.

It then asks for card type and defaults to VISA debit, all well here, it then asks for "Name on card"

This is where it all falls down as it says "Oops!- please enter name on card" I have, many ,many times

Now it cannot possibly know what name or in what format is on this card as I have not, as yet, entered the card number, however, the app refuses to accept my name as embossed on the card or any derivation thereof.

I have tried the email help, no response, I have called EE, no one can suggest anything!

I am seeing contactless payment options more and more and it seems a quick and simple way of paying for small items and would like to at least try it.

Has anyone else had an issue with this app on EE an solved it or can anyone suggest another contactless payment app that runs on a Galaxy S4 running the latest Android OS? I have Google wallet set up for on line payments, not sure if this is available for NFC payments?

Thanks in advance :)

I haven't tried this so not much help but I'll see if I can put it on my HTC and if it works

I have EE on a windows phone - seems like hard work (generally - not your specific app) compared to O2

I have EE on a windows phone - seems like hard work (generally - not your specific app) compared to O2

The EE specific software is rather clumsy, it took 4 attempts and 3 hours to load the app!

Contactless looks like a good way forward for those small purchases where a card is a bit OTT. I would just like to see it in action :)

Mine does not work as I have an incompatible sim card, I'm guessing because it's an old T-Mobile and not EE sim

The banks are now issuing cards with the contactless technology ; I got my first one a couple of weeks ago .

I haven't tried it yet as it's only good for small transactions (max £20) at coffee shops and the like .

Fantastic for M6 toll - almost as fast as using the tag!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom