Contacts from iPhone not loading on Comand APS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MaxT

Car
SLS and G K8 Brabus
Hi there, sorry being here for one day and I'm already invading the forum with help requests!

Wanted to check if any of you guys ever heard or had any issues with iPhones (both iOS5 and 6) and Comand APS (car in question is a SLS).

I paired the phone, I can make/receive calls without any problem but I'm unable to download my contacts into the system.

Another very annoying thing is the fact I have to manually connect every time the phone with the bluetooth (ie going into the paired phones list and manually select the phone I have with me and I whish to connect)...on my G Class it is automatic and once I get into the car the phone will pair automatically with the system!

Worth mentioning my car is equipped with the "Comfort UHI Phone" (option 386) which I never use and I disconnected from the cradle.

Thanks for your help,
Max

Hi there, sorry being here for one day and I'm already invading the forum with help requests!

Wanted to check if any of you guys ever heard or had any issues with iPhones (both iOS5 and 6) and Comand APS (car in question is a SLS).

I paired the phone, I can make/receive calls without any problem but I'm unable to download my contacts into the system.

Another very annoying thing is the fact I have to manually connect every time the phone with the bluetooth (ie going into the paired phones list and manually select the phone I have with me and I whish to connect)...on my G Class it is automatic and once I get into the car the phone will pair automatically with the system!

Worth mentioning my car is equipped with the "Comfort UHI Phone" (option 386) which I never use and I disconnected from the cradle.

Thanks for your help,
Max

The solution to the contacts download is to deploy an iphone 4 cradle. This will allow the contacts to download and as convenience phone take precedence over the built in BT it is this that is confusing things.

Deploy the cradle and it will all be okay.

If you are happy to live without the contacts then you can delete the convenience phone pairing from the list of phones and then it will auto connect to the iphone each time you get in the car.

Hi Alfie, thank you vm for your answer! I actually thought the convenience phone was the problem regarding my phone not connecting automatically hence I tried to delete it from the list of paired phones....but it won't let me cancel it! Looks like it's not possible...does iPhone5 cradle exist already? Is is a straight swap (ie can I do it) or it need to be done at Mercedes?

Thanks again,
Max

Hi Alfie, thank you vm for your answer! I actually thought the convenience phone was the problem regarding my phone not connecting automatically hence I tried to delete it from the list of paired phones....but it won't let me cancel it! Looks like it's not possible...does iPhone5 cradle exist already? Is is a straight swap (ie can I do it) or it need to be done at Mercedes?

Thanks again,
Max

No there isnt an iphone5 phone cradle yet. historically Mercedes launch the cradle about six months after the phone appears :(

Perfect, with the current pace in 6 months time we might have an iPhone 5gt/6 already! :D

Thanks for your help,
Max

I've successfully downloaded contacts via bluetooth from an iPhone 5 (iOS6) to Comand. If I initiate the pair from the car to the phone - it doesn't work. If I initiate the pair from the phone to the car - it works fine.

SLS has NTG4 like the pre MY2012 C class. NTG4 doesn't transfer contacts from an iPhone (and most, perhaps all phones). The answer is the 'comfort phone' and a Mercedes iPhone cradle - this will then work.

Comfort phone can be retrofitted easily enough... Ask Alfie, but as your SLS has it, just add the cradle, pair the phone with the cradle and unpair it from the COMAND, and that should work for you.

Richard

Thanks Richard, as soon as the iPhone5 cradle will be ready will definitely do that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom