Contemplating Upgrade from r230 SL350 to r231 SL400. Advice please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V6GBJ

Car
GLC 43
Fellow SL fans, I am thinking of replacing my r230 SL350 with an r231 SL400. I am thinking that the facelift version 2016-17 should be the one. I'll need to part with a big wad of cash but maybe depreciation will be slower than with the pre-facelift version. Do you SL400 owners have any advice or user experience, good or bad? Thanks in advance for your contributions. Gareth

Mine is going on 3 years old now and I still enjoy it as much as the first day I got it.

Make sure you get ABC.

Depreciation is your friend when you are buying but can lead to PTSD when you are selling.
The SL I recently bought had depreciated by £65k and only had 5,500 miles on the clock. I got a virtually new one for just £24k 😁

Just bought one today, my big piece of advice is if you find one you like don't hang about make sure its yours, I've lost two today by thinking about it too long. Pleased I did the one I ended up with is a stunner :p

View attachment 111999
Great catch! I was in the same situation as you, waited over a year for the right one, missing out on 2 also as they sold right away. I was first to respond to the one I eventually bought and it was well worth the wait. Enjoy and keep us updated on your ownership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom