Conti ContactSport versus Hankook Ventus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cws196

Car
S205 C250d AMG Premium+
I need to replace the front tyres on my S203 (outer edges are getting scrubbed) and the current ContactSport5 17" tyres have done about 17K.

Is this a good mileage for these tyres on the front? It does seem a little premature to me (but then for ages I ran budget 15" tyres).

I was looking at other options and have seen the Hankook VentusPrime2 tyres, which appear to get good reviews - anybody got experience with running these tyres on the front? They may be marginally cheaper but I don't want to save a few pounds at the expense of tyre noise/drone!

You say scrubbed but how is the tread depth. Mine are scrubbed on the outer edge but tread depth is about 3-4 mm after 43000 so will be changing soon. Originals are Michelin Energy Saver.

Different car and wider tyres but the 17" SC5's on my SL are going to give a longer life. I rotate my tyre/wheels every 5k miles and the current set will see this third summer season out comfortably.......aggregate of three summer seasons 26k miles.

Not SC5's but before reverting back to rotating my tyres (divided opinion on this) my rears were averaging 17k miles and the fronts 22.5k miles giving an average for a set of tyres of circa 19.5k miles.

Too many variables to conclude that rotation alone increases the life of a set of tyres by more than 30% but enough evidence for me to believe that rotation does increase the life of a set of tyres and therefore I will continue the practise.

My SL does not have staggered wheels......sadly my SLK does have staggered wheels......hey ho.

Mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom