Continental Trye noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks Guys for the help

What model of w211 do you have? If its a sport you'll have a staggered set-up and the rear wheels should be wider than the front. Are they stock wheels or aftermarket?
No it's just the **********e 245/45 r17 99y all round with stock alloys

all i've noticed is it starts in 2nd gear on 'C' mode

you only hear it at really low speed I will record it tommorow & post it plus you only hear it with the windows down and the sound bouncing back from a wall or car

I have tried everything I can think of and it all comes back to tires??

Run your hand across the top of the offending tyres. Your checking for flat spots and uneven wear. I had similar problems with my wife's X type I thought it was rear wheel bearings to start with but I eventually tracked it down to the tyres. I fitted new tyres and the noise went.

Run your hand across the top of the offending tyres. Your checking for flat spots and uneven wear. I had similar problems with my wife's X type I thought it was rear wheel bearings to start with but I eventually tracked it down to the tyres. I fitted new tyres and the noise went.
I had a top guy from Continental (Paul Ridler) inspect the tyres and he did not find any flat spots only the iside edge is wearing. I have booked my car in for a full alignment on the hawkeye system and see what the outcome is there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom