Continental Tyre Year Code Help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Connoisseur

SUPPORTER
Car
A205 C200 Cab; Porsche Macan; BMW i3s
Apols as this tyre is not fitted to my Mercedes but hoping for advice🙂

Am keen to identify the year the tyre in the pic was made but the DOT code doesn’t seem to match with the codes I’ve been able to find. Anyone have a scooby how to interpret this in the pic. It’s a Continental 205 16” tyre.

Thanks in advance for all guidance offered đź‘Ť

C3F9A521A-18D5-4787-A759-66633E8E1864.jpeg

Apols as this tyre is not fitted to my Mercedes but hoping for advice🙂

Am keen to identify the year the tyre in the pic was made but the DOT code doesn’t seem to match with the codes I’ve been able to find. Anyone have a scooby how to interpret this in the pic. It’s a Continental 205 16” tyre.

Thanks in advance for all guidance offered đź‘Ť

CView attachment 115814
You're looking for a 4 digit numerical code within a box. The first 2 digits are the week and the last 2 are the year.

The DOT code is typically in three parts, of four characters each. The date code is usually the last part (often with a 'box' around it, as flowrider mentioned) ... is there anything to the right after the "ET4A"?

These are the codes on our vehicles (also Continental tyres):

1626614646647.png

1626614685009.png

PS check that the full code isn't given somewhere else on the tyre (maybe even on the inside sidewall, if they're directional tyres).

^^^^^
This.

See also:

Thanks all, no no numbers in a box at all, it’s a mystery👍 Will get more pics…..

As mentioned check the inside sidewalls, particularly if they are directional tyres.

Thanks👍 will do that. Mind you might be a bit tricky given what they are mounted on🤪 will get underneath and see what I can find. The tyres are directional so the inside sounds a good bet. Appreciate all the input🙂868EEE8D-35E1-4D3A-BF04-EDD09A0F52E0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom