Contisport3s or F1 asym for e55 rears?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavidL

MB Enthusiast
Car
s203 C55, x218 CLS63
Anyone care to comment. Both about the same price from blackcircles.
Thanks
David

I always found the conti's to wear like they were made of cheese! And it wasnt like they were super sticky! Just my experience, prefered the Michelin Pilot Sports and the Goodyear Eagle F1's.

Just picked up some Michelin super sports for silly money from tyre leader.

I fitted Conti SC 2's to my E55 estate and they were brilliant; quiet and grippy.

For the record, the conti's I had were 5p's

I can't remember which Contis I had on my previous Saab 9-5 Aero but they went off pretty quick I seem to remember.

OK, a different car, but I'm currently running GYF1A2 on the rear and since killing my fronts recently with a professional racing driver on Friday, I am going for the same on the front!

I used to fit Contis to mine but found them too noisy, I tried Dunlop which were an improvement but I now fit the GYF1A2 which I find to be the best of them all.

Thanks. The contisport5 came top in the evo tyre test this year but I couldn't find them in the right size for the rears.
GYFs2 137 fitted from blackcircles appears to be the winner.

I'd definitely take a look at the Michelin super sports. My fav all time tyre though is the eagle f1 assymetric. Almost as good in the wet as the dry!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom