Contour multi seats not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vowler

Car
clk 280 convertible
Hi.. I've got a 2006 280 clk convertble an the contour seats don't work. I've been through the thread with the same name and thanks to those who described how to service the motor. I've done that and th motor works on the bench. I'm guessing there's no power to the motor... can anyone point me in the direction of any fusesor relays I could test.. and their locations. If that's all ok I'm wondering if the PCB in the motor housing is faulty.
Any help gratefully received..
Thanks

Hi,
I see nobody has answered this ???
I have the same prob on my clk 220 cdi sport of 2008, which ive just bought.
There is no responce on the drivers or passenger controls, nothing, no hissing or motor going !
So likewise i think its a fuse !
I looked at fuse diagram but dont see anything relevant. I checked the fuses thst mentioned anything to do with the seat and they were good.
So did u fix it ??

Hi,
Have you put a volt meter on the pumps plug to see if there is power to the pump?
I am pretty sure the pump on the 209 will cut out if there is a leak in the system and cant maintain pressure, to stop the pump from burning out.
It can on occasion cut out requiring it to be re-activated in STAR, but this might be model/spec specific.

When I had this problem I pulled the pump out of the boot and it ran with 12v applied to it on the bench. After doing this a couple of times it stopped again, so I stripped the motor and found carbon burn from the brushes. Now it's only a three pole motor so any carbon build up will affect the starting ability, cleaned everything up and job sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom