Contract Hire Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NICKW

Am just about to rejoin the marque & confirm a deal with skyfleet for a two year contract hire deal on an ML320CDI.

All the finance paperwork has been done through Daimler Chrysler and states that the initial lump sum (6 months payment) should be made to DC on the day the vehicle is delivered.

Skyfleet want the money paying to them up front (along with their £299+vat admin fee) and I'm assuming they will pay DC. My concern is, what if they don't pay DC? All the agreements for the initial down payment & the subsequent 23 monthly payments are between myself & DC. I don't have a definite delivery date but Skyfleet have indicated it will be in the next three weeks.

Any thoughts or previous dealings with Skyfleet who up to now have given very good service.

Thanks

check with damiler benz its not daimiler chysler any more (i think) worth putting your mind at rest ...regards jon...

I know Scott on here used Skyfleet and was very happy with their service. Not all brokers charge 6 months up front (some are only 3) and many don't charge a admin fee. You need to compare the total cost.

I got my 335d through Prestige Car Leasing who didn't charge a admin fee and the cheque for the 3 months deposit was made payable to the finance company directly. The broker seemed to sit on this for months as it was a factory order and the cheque wasn't cashed until after delivery. Making the cheque payable to the finance company (in this case DC) does give extra peace of mind when dealing with internet brokers. You could ask do to that and pay the admin fee separately.

I have had my last 8 cars on contrcat hire. Some through brokers and some through main dealers and I have ALWAYS paid the advance rentals direct to the leasing company at the time of delivery - never money up front even on factory orders.

When your lease ends with DC make sure you have evidence of the cars condition on return - they tried to charge me for non existant damage.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys

Yes, I have looked at the fact that many places only charge 3 months upfront but I have only been comparing the total rental to see what the best deal is and Skyfleet were the best by a mile. They beat a discounted quote from my own employers who run a huge leasing operation by £6000 over the two year term!

I'll be calling them today to see if alternative arrangements can be made and no doubt there will be an interesting discussion if I decide not to proceed given that they may want to impose a cancellation fee of £500 + vat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom