Conv Alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JaceyBoy

Car
Wifes W208 CLK 230K Convertable - Me GTR on order
How do I turn down the sensitivity of the alarm when the roof is down?, as soon as the wind blows a little it goes off:(

Eh? The only difference roof-down should be that the interior motion sensors are disabled.

Is this an M-B factory alarm, or an add-on? If the former, what does it say in the handbook?

When the roof is down the sensors are off. I used to fit these alarms.

You may have another problem. I have the fitting instructions somwhere.

Hello

Sounds an odd set up, can you lock the car with the key only so the alarm isn't on but the imobiliser is?

Failing that simply raise the roof when leaving car, I would do this all the time anyway as don't trust low lifes throwing something in if they pass :)

All I know is the alarm is going off with the roof down, I put my hand in through the top and it goes off, so I guess the sensors are picking me up:confused:

Is there a rubber bung in the left sensor?

If there is turn the screw inside to minimum (anti-clock) and test it again.

Its not a fix but it will do temporary

You will need a small flat blade screwdriver.

Turn it until the light stops flashing.

Last edited:
Thanks done, also found £2.50 underneath the seat as a result of loosing the bung :D result!

BlackCL55, can you help me out with the window problem I have in the bodywork section?:(

as btb 500 says is it mb fitted as when the roof is down the sensors are usually disabled automatically hope it helps regards jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom