Convenience Closing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zenbasses

Car
E Class E220 AMG Line Premium Plus Estate (W213)
If I open or lock the car and hold either key fob then nothing happens. I checked the owners manual to make sure there wasn't some wizardry that was at play but it is as I expected

I've replaced the C batteries in both remotes, still nothing ...is it hidden somewhere in a menu I haven't found yet ???

Tried all windows closed
All windows open (manually)
Windows half way down
Panoroof open

Still no luck they just stay put

I have got the annoying feature where my passenger window will roll up using the window switch and then instantly open again

I've reset it twice but it keeps reoccurring....and it's highly annoying for my partner...hahab

• E-Class
  • Estate
Ventilating the vehicle before starting a journey (convenience opening)
WARNINGRisk of entrapment when opening a side window
Press and hold the
8576d7a857237e64354ae3656178cc46_1_-----.png
button on the key.
The following functions are performed:
  • The vehicle is unlocked.

• The side windows are opened.

• The sliding sunroof is opened.

• The panoramic sliding sunroof is opened.

• The seat ventilation of the driver's seat is switched on.
If the roller sunblinds of the panoramic sliding sunroof are closed, the roller sunblinds are opened first.

To continue the opening procedure:
press the
button again.
To interrupt convenience opening:
release the
button.

I don't know the interface between keyfob and car on a W213, but on my S211 E class I have to point the infra-red end of the keyfob a few centimetres away from the infra-red receiving window on the exterior drivers door handle (it looks like a 1cm square dark plastic 'window'). As yours is a newer model I may be completely wrong and your convenience function is controlled another way - but it may still be the same.

Is it still under warranty? If so let the dealer sort out any problems you have.

I don't know the interface between keyfob and car on a W213, but on my S211 E class I have to point the infra-red end of the keyfob a few centimetres away from the infra-red receiving window on the exterior drivers door handle (it looks like a 1cm square dark plastic 'window'). As yours is a newer model I may be completely wrong and your convenience function is controlled another way - but it may still be the same.
Agreed. This is how this works on all Mercedes models I have owned since the early C-Class to my A/B Class and now the R172 and the newer W246/W205 models.

OP should make sure s/he is close to the driver's door handle when activating this.

On my 2017 C300h I don't need to be that close for it to work.

Another thing to try is open the pano roof and lock the car, then spray some water on the windscreen where the sensors are and see if it automatically closes and goes to tilt.

The receiver on the door handle is a common failure on older MB cars . It can be repaired with some time on your hands and a soldering iron, a new receiver is expensive.

If this is the fault on your car the warranty should cover it. :thumb:

Thanks all for the replies , I will give it a go tonight nearer to the door handle as mentioned.

My previous cars never cared, it the fob was in range of the car it would activate the global closing

Pesky passenger window switch will defo need to be looked at as it did it again today after a week of behaving , reset the window switch and its now working again ....

Random.

If your car is Premium Plus, does it have Keyless Go? In that case, according to the manual, convenience closing can be activated by keeping a finger on the sensor in the door handle. It may help diagnosis to check if this works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom