Convenience Cradle and iPhone 6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MDH

Car
CLS
Mods Please Delete - Found The Answer TY

My 2009 W219 CLS is fitted with I'm presuming is a convenience phone cradle in the centre console box - looks like it was for a Nokia handset.

The Comand system seems to look for a phone in the cradle every time I get into the car and then I get a screen prompt asking if I want to default to Bluetooth connection and only when I press okay does my iPhone 6 connect to Comand.

I'm assuming my Comand unit is too old to take a new Mercedes iPhone 6 cradle.

Question is can I get the system to ignore the cradle so that my iPhone auto connects first or would I need to remove the cradle for that to happen?

All seems very complicated!

Last edited:
Found what I think is the answer in the forum - will give it a try.

M

I also have the telephone pre-wiring in my S204, which is basically an adaptor into which you can clip a cradle either specific to your phone or a bluetooth adaptor. Initially I had a Nokia 6300, bought the appropriate cradle off Ebay for about £15, I now have an Iphone 4S so bought that cradle off Ebay de for about £50. Advantage is that I can clip my phone into it and it charges even ignition off, plus it links straight away into Comand for handsfree, steering wheel buttons etc. even when in my pocket rather than clipped in.Don't know if there's a cradle for Iphone6, Alfie at comandonline would know.

I think there is but not sure it works with my version of comand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom