Convenience Function

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMadGit

Car
SL55
I have a 2007 R230 SL.
I suspect (or maybe hope) that on entry and exit, the steering wheel is supposed to retract a little and the seat move back slightly.
Pretty sure I've seen this mentioned in the manual and I have seen dash displays about Convenience Function, but that's it!

If the SL doesn't actually do anything like this, then obviously that's that, but if it's in there somewhere, I'd like to get it working.

You can activate it or not as you see fit...it'll be in the manual.

Does it have memory seats?
If so, then it should be available in the dash options under convenience.
You get the choice of steering wheel and seat or just steering wheel.

Tony

It will have memory seats.

My W205 does this, well with the steering wheel, but not the seat.

It only works if the wheel isn't already quite far back or low though. Try adjusting the wheel so it's set quite low and the seat is set far forward to see if it retracts both?

My W205 does this, well with the steering wheel, but not the seat.

It only works if the wheel isn't already quite far back or low though. Try adjusting the wheel so it's set quite low and the seat is set far forward to see if it retracts both?

The same applies with the seat too. If its already set back a fair way it won't go back any more when opening the door.
If however you are a short ar$e and have the seat up close to the steering wheel it should go back to aid entry.

I just used memory position 3 to have the seat fully back and down and the steering wheel fully forward and up. Now when I leave the car (especially if I'm in the garage where space is tight) I simple hold button 3 down to get out, and button 1 once I'm back in again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom