convenience phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fordgt40

Car
C63 AMG estate
My C63 has the convenience phone 00:13:1E:14:88:FO I don't know what make of phone this is, I've paired my Nokia with bluetooth but the convenience phone takes priority and it's a bit of a faff every time a get in the car to connect up, is there a way of either diconnecting the convenience phone or finding out what phone it is and the I can purchase one.

Just delete the comfort phone paring from the Comand unit. Comand manual will tell you how to do this if you dont know how. You cant use comfort phone anyway without the cradle.

My C63 has the convenience phone 00:13:1E:14:88:FO I don't know what make of phone this is, I've paired my Nokia with bluetooth but the convenience phone takes priority and it's a bit of a faff every time a get in the car to connect up, is there a way of either diconnecting the convenience phone or finding out what phone it is and the I can purchase one.

Can you explain this in more detail because I'm not exactly familiar with the comfort phone functionality.

Do you mean you have the UHI-like connector at the centre armrest storage space and a BT SAP adapter attached to this connector? I'm not sure if it accepts a BT HF adapter but it does not make any sense anyway when the radio has BT HF.

Now if you have the BT SAP adapter, are you sure your Nokia phone is not connecting via that, using the BT SAP profile?

If you don't want to use the comfort phone option, couldn't you either set the Nokia phone menu to "Remote SIM off" or just detach the BT SAP adapter from the connector?

Just delete the comfort phone paring from the Comand unit. Comand manual will tell you how to do this if you dont know how. You cant use comfort phone anyway without the cradle.

Tried that route, when the options menu is shown for the convenience phone the 'delete' option cannot be accessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom