Convenience settings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jbo

Car
CL55AMG,CL500(W216)
Anyone have any ideas why, even though i have set the system settings for "column and seat" the seat doesnt move when exiting and entering the car (with keyless go) on W215. Column adjusts fine but no seat movement. All electric seat adjusments work ok when adjusted manually !!???

Mine does not either, I was told it was because it's an estate and in case the rear seats are folded down the front seat wont go back into the rear folded seat. But the car knows when the rear seat is not upright so I dont think this can be the case.

My steering column moves up out of the way, so interested to know why.

i have same problem/symptoms with mine - with an error logging on comand - so i suspect mine is caused by a gremlin somewhere as opposed a setting.

doen't hinder me getting in so i haven't worried about it.

On my SL it doesnt do that because my normal seat position is quite far back.

Try it with a normal seat position a lot further forward and it seems to work - not much use for those of us with quite long legs :)

I did ask the dealer a long time ago, but he couldnt explain why it still wouldnt move the final few inches back :)

Your COMAND error is unlikely to be related to this. Whats the error ??

R

richard said:

Try it with a normal seat position a lot further forward and it seems to work - not much use for those of us with quite long legs :)

You beat me to it!! Convenience will only move the seat (and wheel) if it thinks it's necessary. If they're already set in a position that should allow easy exit/entry then they won't move when you take the key out of the ignition. As Richard suggests, experiment with a close seating and low wheel position, whip the key out and hey presto.

richard said:

Hi Richard,
I can only comment on the 211, and this model has a setting that can be altered via Star Diagnostics for those that are 'well endowed' in the vertical department. This setting can alter the seat so that it goes right back.

Good luck,
John

richard said:
Your COMAND error is unlikely to be related to this. Whats the error ??

I knew some smart Alec was going to ask me this ;)

Can't remember the code but I did look it up and it seemded to refer to convenience operation of the seat - i will try to get to the menu again this weekend. (it was a B##### code i think)

SG CL500 said:
Right - finally managed to get the code - its b1769, registered as Seat Driver Backward Circuit Failure

Sorry to dissapoint you, but the codes relate to the unit you read them in, not the car

because you were reading it from COMAND,

B1769 means : -

B1769/4 Internal traffic data memory: Function software – Fault
B1769/010 Internal traffic data memory: Fault in communication with CTEL or Teleaid

(so you need to look at the subcode or type in the COMAND unit to see if its 4 or 010 (which may be 8 or 16 depending what base (octal or hex) its read in))

I think this means that your COMAND unit is configured for TCS , (see the diagnostic menu document on http://www.mercupgrades.com and look at the configuration display) but it cant communcate with the phone, probably because its a removable phone and not in the car all the time !!

Cheers
Richard

[ps, looked at the link you provided, it looks like someone is confused between the error codes defined for OBD-II (i.e the engine management and emissions diagnostics), and a set of error codes from some vehicle - Manafacturers can use what they like, but slowly there is some standardisation, mostly as the USA produces laws to ensure that independant workshops get a fair chance at the customer][more edit: Thats site's P codes (change B to P in the URL) look correct for the OBD-II defined Powertrain codes) if the manafacturers are following the correct form, the 1st number being 1 means manafacturer specific]

Last edited:
richard said:
Sorry to dissapoint you...

Don't worry - you're not!

Given my car doesn't have either a phone, teleaid or [edited - must read properly] I am not surprised it keeps finding fault!

Last edited:
Well, I have tried the seat in the most forward and back positions and still no auto adjustment!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom