Convenience windows opening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

babaG

Car
X253
Hi everybody

I have an issue with the convenience opening windows/sunroof...
If I keep the opening button presses, just the car opens
I have to try again, 2-3 times, and then only the shadow cover of the sunroof opens
The third time, that I keep the open button pushed and the windows/sunroof opens

In other words, they do not open all together with a single open/keep pushed button

Closing procedures works perfectly fine as it should.

Any ideas? Reset, reprogramming required?

Thanks everybody

If you have another key (fob/remote) try that first. Quite often the switches themselves become intermittent which could give the symptoms you are getting.

Have a look at this thread

My W246 B200 2012 has no Keyless entry key. There are no sensors visible on the door handles as I can see..
Opening and closing the windows by pressing the recirculation button on the console works.
Is it possible to activate the windows with my key?

My W246 B200 2012 has no Keyless entry key. There are no sensors visible on the door handles as I can see..
Opening and closing the windows by pressing the recirculation button on the console works.
Is it possible to activate the windows with my key?
Hi there. Hope you're well. I am new to this forum and I have the exact question. Our w246(used - not new) doesn't appear to allow conv. opening/closing windows via the remote key. I have asked MB customer support to clarify if this is an option which required to be spec'd upon order/original purchase.

Hi there. Hope you're well. I am new to this forum and I have the exact question. Our w246(used - not new) doesn't appear to allow conv. opening/closing windows via the remote key. I have asked MB customer support to clarify if this is an option which required to be spec'd upon order/original purchase.
Don’t you need to point the key at the IR receiver on the door handle?

Our w246 does not have it either, not sure if it was available as an option.

I've managed to download a copy of the brochure and unfortunately it doesn't seem to indicate if this option is available for the w246...???
re. IR point on door handles, nope. Nothing there either... ???
I await for MBUK to respond in trepidation.

Our w246 does not have it either, not sure if it was available as an option.

Did you check the owner's handbook If? If the manual mentions this feature, than it was available as an option, though it's worth keeping in mind that some options weren't available in the UK.

A bit more research and it appears that the convenience open function was only available with Keyless Go, which my car does not have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom