Conversion of e320cdi OM613 2001 OBD1 to OBD2????????? HEEEEEEELP PLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

norbertgolo

Car
E320 CDI W210 Avantgarde
:wallbash:OBD1:wallbash:OBD1:wallbash:OBD1

Guys and Gals
I have been going mad trying to figure out whether its possible to get a conversion done on a e320 cdi with OM613 motor on 2001 year.
The problem is that I desire to use the OBD2 type bluetooth scanner to build a digital dash based on a couple of android tabs and torque.
My Issue is that in UK motors, they didnt bother installing the OBD2 interface, only the previous century OBD1 under the bonnet.
Now I do realise that people sell OBD1 to OBD2 cables on EBay by I dont see how they can work as the signal stream is formed comopletely differently and is of analog format as opposed to digital as in obd2.
Has ANYONE, managed to install or convert their obd1 only car to OBD2 plug emmiting the OBD2 standard data stream?
I could help with software development etc maybe some electronics, but just have no idea where to start.
But it must be possible as all cars shipped in the US from 97 HAVE the obd2 plud near the handbreake release, but the UK cars especially diesels didnt have it.
So, there must be a way and someone knows.......
TALK DAMNIT!!!
TALK!!

PS. Only joking, but really, I have looked all over the net, but I know Im missing some crucial info. THANKS ALLLLL

bumping this thread as i've just ended up in the same situation - is there anyway to get a e320 cdi with OM613 to work with ODB2 Apps

Thanks

DT

this is as much as I can find.

If I give it a go and its wrong will it screw anything up in the electronics

I just had a successful try on the 38 pin connetor of my Mercedes. It worked perfectly. I could read fault codes and the sensor information. Here are the information to share. My car is a 1998 C280, the connections I made to the 38 pin connector are:
Pin 1 - Ground
Pin 3 - Positive power
Pin 4 - K-line (OBD II ISO)
Pin 15 - L-line (OBD II ISO)
The reference information I used is from ALLDATADIY.COM.
The circuit diagram there shows connection between the 38 pin connector (X11/4) and the standard 16 pin OBD II connector (X11/22) installed on the US models

References:
OBD II pins
OBD II diagnostic interface pinout diagram @ pinoutsguide.com
Benz 38 definition and pins map:
http://pages.prodigy.net/jforgione/MB_X11.html

this suggests pin 4 and 15 will give the info i'm after.

MBCluster.com Mercedes W140 Instrument Cluster Repair Homepage

Has anyone tried the ebay ODBII interfaces with torque. I mean is a cheap one going to be good enough to test out a modified 38 pint to ODBII cable works before spending out on a good quality original ODBII BT adapter.

Sorry for bumping old topic but, datripsta how did you managed to conect the pins from the 38mb to obd2 pins... I should use pins 1,3,4 and 15 from the 38 pin and connect them to which pins in obd2 scanner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom