Convert from GLC to EQC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kingofdunedin

Car
EQC 400
After two GLC's in the last 4 years I've just converted to the EQC and, being all new and "sophisticated" I thought irt would be good to join a forum where I could ask others on their experiences and, perhaps, add my input for the benefit of people thinking of leaving the ICE options. I'm still only 1,350 miles in with just one long trip from Somerset to Cumbria so still a lot to learn.

After two GLC's in the last 4 years I've just converted to the EQC and, being all new and "sophisticated" I thought irt would be good to join a forum where I could ask others on their experiences and, perhaps, add my input for the benefit of people thinking of leaving the ICE options. I'm still only 1,350 miles in with just one long trip from Somerset to Cumbria so still a lot to learn.
Just got mine at the end of March and like you haven't as yet done any great miles in it, probably about 2000.
Nothing has given me any problems yet range wise but to be fair I did get it because of company car tax reasons knowing full well I had two other cars in the household to use should I have any problems range wise.

Just got mine at the end of March and like you haven't as yet done any great miles in it, probably about 2000.
Nothing has given me any problems yet range wise but to be fair I did get it because of company car tax reasons knowing full well I had two other cars in the household to use should I have any problems range wise.
I was motivated by the fact that my wife had got a Peugeot e208 last year and it was such a good driving experience with the acceleration and torque that I decided the EQC had to come sooner rather than later.
What a lovely ,relaxed drive it is too. Its great fun use the acceleration sometimes and watch a "performance" car left sitting at traffic lights (or is that just the kid in me?).

That seems to be the common problem at the moment, range anxiety. :rolleyes: :)

I was motivated by the fact that my wife had got a Peugeot e208 last year and it was such a good driving experience with the acceleration and torque that I decided the EQC had to come sooner rather than later.
What a lovely ,relaxed drive it is too. Its great fun use the acceleration sometimes and watch a "performance" car left sitting at traffic lights (or is that just the kid in me?).
Nope great fun, the look on their faces :banana:

That seems to be the common problem at the moment, range anxiety. :rolleyes: :)
Its just that its all new to most people I think, in reality its not a problem, you stop have a pee and a cuppa which is what you would probably do after over two hours driving anyway and you are charged up again for another 200 miles plus.

I've not driven mine for over 200 miles in one go but I can easily get over 200 miles from one charge; infact nearly 230 in most cases; those who say they cant get any where near 200 either have a very heavy foot or could well have an issue with the car. (or aren't using the regen properties maybe) But I think I know which it is because I've done a bit of experimenting and if you drive the thing like there is no tomorrow you will be lucky to get 100 miles never mind 200.
But with normal driving within or slightly above the speed limits its not a problem at all.

Its just that its all new to most people I think, in reality its not a problem, you stop have a pee and a cuppa which is what you would probably do after over two hours driving anyway and you are charged up again for another 200 miles plus.

I've not driven mine for over 200 miles in one go but I can easily get over 200 miles from one charge; infact nearly 230 in most cases; those who say they cant get any where near 200 either have a very heavy foot or could well have an issue with the car. (or aren't using the regen properties maybe) But I think I know which it is because I've done a bit of experimenting and if you drive the thing like there is no tomorrow you will be lucky to get 100 miles never mind 200.
But with normal driving within or slightly above the speed limits its not a problem at all.

I am assuming your 230 miles is not on a winters night in the rain ☺️

I am assuming your 230 miles is not on a winters night in the rain ☺️
No; As I've only had it since end of March that would be difficult, but lets face it its hardly been hot anytime since the end of March, well not up North anyway lol.

Anyway, I cant remember the last time I did any great miles driving at night, its just not in my lifestyle, so just not a problem for me. And using lights has negligible effect on the mileage, everything is LED.

I always have the aircon on its never switched off, just set at the temp I want it to be.

No; As I've only had it since end of March that would be difficult, but lets face it its hardly been hot anytime since the end of March, well not up North anyway lol.

Anyway, I cant remember the last time I did any great miles driving at night, its just not in my lifestyle, so just not a problem for me. And using lights has negligible effect on the mileage, everything is LED.

I always have the aircon on its never switched off, just set at the temp I want it to be.

Great colour by the way, I am a little biased though :D

Great colour by the way, I am a little biased though :D
It is a great colour, I've never had so many people comment on the colour of a car before and I've had a few over the years. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom