Convert PGN Scans to Word Documents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Happy New Year, everyone. As per the title, I need to convert a number of pages of text I only have in hard copy to Word documents, but my cheap'n cheerful all-in-one printer only produces scans as PNG files, and I don't particularly want to buy a new printer/scanner for this one task.

I'm not even slightly a computer geek, so can anyone tell me what would be the best way of going about it, and recommend a software programme if that's what I need? Please help; I'm stuck...

Happy New Year, everyone. As per the title, I need to convert a number of pages of text I only have in hard copy to Word documents, but my cheap'n cheerful all-in-one printer only produces scans as PNG files, and I don't particularly want to buy a new printer/scanner for this one task.

I'm not even slightly a computer geek, so can anyone tell me what would be the best way of going about it, and recommend a software programme if that's what I need? Please help; I'm stuck...
Any good? Convert PNG to DOC

If you don't need it to be an active document (editing etc) then just copy and paste it into a blank Word document.

Do you have access to an iPhone Dennis? Can use the camera to scan pages straight into notes and export them as word documents. Really quick and easy! :)

I do have an iPhone, but only an SE. I don't suppose you know whether it has that capability?

I do need active Word documents.

Windows 10 has an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) which can read a picture of text along with a scan app'. Look up OCR in windows and you should be able to find a free bit of software to use.

Thanks gentlemen. It all proved too difficult in the end, so I just went with what I had...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom