Convertable roof how stay open part way.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davelavelle

Car
clk 280
On CLK 2006 3L V6 280 I need the roof to open and stay open part way. So not open fully or closed fully.

After several minutes i get beep beep and it closes.

I need to work on a small repair. But i need roof to stay open.? Is there a way to do this without causing problems? Is it case just turn enhine off?

Thannks in advance.

When I had to do some 'repairs' on mine, I just took my finger off the button when the roof was at the correct place I needed.

Thanks. I can get roof to where i need it. But after several minutes its beeps. Then finishes operation in full. I need a wat to stop that.

Can you not chock it with a batten of wood? The anti-crush would stop the operation completing

Whitenemis, I did not even know it had anti crush thingy. I dont want to damage anything... but i could give this a go. Thanks.

I would also turn off the ignition and remove the key whilst you do your repairs

For my SL I’ve got a tailor made block which I put in place which holds the roof open at the desired height to gain optimum access to the drain tubes for cleaning.

Roof on mines never finishes operation unless the button is pressed. What does happen though is after a couple of mins the hydraulic pressure is released causing the roof to drop slowly. If I need the roof open part way, I just use a broom stick to keep it the position I need.

Mine does the bleeping thing and closes slowly after a few minutes. Not sure what the answer is but it sounds like chocking it open works. Presumably if one disconnected the battery it would just stay open too? Subject to the hydraulics not letting it drop. I’d be inclined to do that if I were you.

get it to the position you wan

chock it

disconnect battery to prevent warning system

The beeping stops after a while. Disconnecting the battery will not have much effect as hydraulics will still loose pressure causing the roof to drop down slowly.
I just prop it up in the position required, never had any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom