Convertible E220 Somerset ECU help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Christoph,

That's good news. Have a look at the attached.

Attachments

• 91-800.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: 219
Thanks for that. I had seen the thread a while ago too. Fuses look good to me see picture. And testing with multimeter fuses seem ok. In the other thread it mentions None ----- Aux fuse holder ------ 8 Amp (this is the rollbar deployment solenoid first and may not be required for top operation)
Do you know where that one is located?View attachment 94971
Please bear in mind that continental fuses , while they may not 'blow' , often corrode in a circle where they meet the fuse holder at each end , and no longer make a good electrical connection . Given that they are extremely cheap to replace , it is good practice to change them every couple of years .

You can get them loads of places , but every branch of Halfords keeps them if you're stuck .

Good morning,
i thought I post a little update on the roof. since changing the battery I had no more problems and I keep my fingers crossed. No more faults found with fault reader which I think is good news. Only odd thing is that the windows dont go down automatically any longer and I have lower them individually. They sometimes go up again by themselves and today when I closed the roof they went down as supposed to but when I had opened it they did not. I can live with it.
The other thing that has happened the last few days and I wonder if someone knew what to do but I might have to start a new thread is that the dashboard is only part functioning. The clock and speedometer are working fine but the other instruments (revs, pressure, fuel etc) are not. I noticed when I got in the car they were working this morning but after a very short while when I started the motor and opened the roof they stopped working. I noticed a humming sound coming from the front right and initially I thought leave in vent but switching off the fan made no difference. Not sure if that has anything to do. I noticed the other day they were working but when driving home from work the display was not working? Faulty earth? any suggestions?? any chance to find a fault without taking the whole dashboard off as that sounds like a big undertaking... I will check fuses again but they looked alright.

Thank you. Do you think it could be a faulty earth as intermittent?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi Christoph,
It is my understanding that the Roof Controller "talks to" the convenience module (also under the rear seat) to lower and raise the windows .
Regards,
Andy

Sorry to pick you brain again. The dashboard worked for a few days again and now the same problem. I have uploaded couple of videos here Intermittent failure of parts of dashboard with whirring sound W124 | Interior

any ideas what this buzzing could be as it must be related? Have not taken dashboard out yet as I dont have the hooks and slightly worried.
Many thanks as always

Sometimes dashboard problems can be caused by a faulty alternator voltage regulator or its associated control wiring. A good auto electrician should sort you out. I would pull the dash first and check all the connections /earths

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom