Convertible Roof Not Working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Green Halo

Car
230 CLK Avante Garde
Hi All. I have a CLK 2000 convertible. It has done about 90000 miles and is not really used much.
Out of the blue the convertible roof stopped working. I had no problems with it up to now. I did notice the last couple of times I put the roof back it was a little slower than usual. But I put that down to low battery. Now when I turn the handle to release the roof the windows go down as usual then nothing happens. The rear bow clasp does not release. I can hear switches clicking but nothing else. When I close the roof the windows do not close.
I have opened it manually to see if that cleared the fault but it made no difference. I also opened and closed the hydraulic oil valve.
There is no sign of any oil leaks.
I also noticed the red indicator LED on the rear headrest switch blinks.
Anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong?

Hi All. I have a CLK 2000 convertible. It has done about 90000 miles and is not really used much.
Out of the blue the convertible roof stopped working. I had no problems with it up to now. I did notice the last couple of times I put the roof back it was a little slower than usual. But I put that down to low battery. Now when I turn the handle to release the roof the windows go down as usual then nothing happens. The rear bow clasp does not release. I can hear switches clicking but nothing else. When I close the roof the windows do not close.
I have opened it manually to see if that cleared the fault but it made no difference. I also opened and closed the hydraulic oil valve.
I have also checked the fuses

You need to have the fault codes read to learn what is wrong .

Check your boot separator is closed.
Check the hydraulic fluid level is ok.

Get fault codes read on a proper STAR diagnosis system at your local indie, it may pinpoint the actual cause without wasting £££ changing stuff that lesser diagnostics flag up.

Reactions: 219
Hi Guys
i have a w208 320 kinda jumping in here on the thread, sorry for the intrusion
problem a hood that remains in the closed position
with engine running
turn the handle and release the hood, all windows go down
rear headrests down ( no red lights~ on console)
the rook operational light button is red , with ignition on.
when pressed it goes off there is a click from the boot ?
then nada
have replaced the roof ecu
have replaced the roof pump
swapped the relays over ( fuel pump to hood pump)
confirmed relays work fine either way round
luggage cover relay, swapped and bridged , no effect on operation
once again sorry for hijacking the thread
any pearls of wisdom, what am i doing wrong or missing
ta
tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom