conveyancing solicitor recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derektrotter

Car
MB
Hi all

We had a few quotes for conveyancing on a house purchase, Slater & Gordon have come out cheapest, has anyone used them and are they any good? last time we used a local firm who were expensive and slow, we then used Enact who were great but now cant even get a quote to us in a timely fashion so not sure whats changed..

Advice appreciated :)

Whoever you use I would suggest it’s someone local as they’d be familiar with any local guidelines/stipulations. One of my sons used one from nearly 200 miles away and it was a nightmare

If you are mortgaging, they often have a strick list they use. You could end up doing it twice otherwise. Plus cheap? I would be looking for thorough. You never know what could be thrown up. New build, traditional all can be complete nightmares.

If you are in Scotland and you are buying cash (no mortgage) I have mates in the game, pm me.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Curtis Law of Plymouth are great, use to be called CurtisWhitefordCrocker, we live in Sussex but have used them since we. Over in three properties. The last sale was a freehold flat that for demanding buyers we exchanged and completed from the offer with estate agents in 15 working days! Intense but doable

Do it yourself LOL...did mine in the 1980's Bought a book called the conveyancing fraud...and followed the guide...plus ours was unregistered property at the time which was a bit more tricky...mind you times were hard in those days...plus prices have come down....
I would suggest Owen White Catlin...the guy we used last time was Geoffrey Warren..I think they are in Shepperton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom