Cooking oil and C250td sucess!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
My mum has a C250TD and has been running it on cooking oil and a very small amount of diesel. Its been running better than ever and has very much reduced amount of smoke on kickdown.:D

Apart from the chip shop smell its brilliant saver on fuel costs. The cooking oil is only 55p/litre.

I also run my VW Caddy on it too. My dad runs his Belingo on it also. Make sure if you are going try it that its not recomended to run it on a CDi engined car.

I wonder if any of you have tried it?

PS. It makes me feel good that I am not paying tax on my fuel

This fact has actully been prooven by an episode in top gear !

I tried it a couple of times and the only detriment I found was a slightly lumpy idle. I've not done it since chipping my car though (no pun intended).

You may find you need to change the fuel filter though as cooking oil is very good at scouring gunk from your fuel tank and pipes and depositing it in the filter.

You have to get the mix of diesel/cooking oil right to make it work really well.

yeah but I think that the police would have better things to do than to arrest me for running my car on cooking oil.

Is it against the law if I am using them on private ground which of course I am.

BlackC55

The Police couldn't give a hoot about this but HMRC get VERY pissed off....

If you want to do this you need to register as a fuel producer then you can do it, but the duty is 49.2 pence so it's not economical.
Better to run on Biodiesel at 79.5p duty paid.

I can't remember what the maximum fine is but it's not a joke and the cars will be crushed...That might be worth thinking about if you ever venture off your private road.;)

It buggered the injectors in my old pug too (after about 20,000 miles around my field :) ), dont know if this affects all engines but worth considering..

It buggered the injectors in my old pug too (after about 20,000 miles around my field :) ), dont know if this affects all engines but worth considering..

The Merc will be Ok but the VW might suffer. It's due to the Glycerol in the oil coking the injectors.

My mate Nige ran his 190D on old chip fat, made me hungry when I followed him anywhere as he was driving a BBQ!!!

Hi

Why mix it with diesel, heating oil is better (at 28p/litre) LOL:bannana:

BlackC55

The Police couldn't give a hoot about this but HMRC get VERY pissed off....

If you want to do this you need to register as a fuel producer then you can do it, but the duty is 49.2 pence so it's not economical.
Better to run on Biodiesel at 79.5p duty paid.

I can't remember what the maximum fine is but it's not a joke and the cars will be crushed...That might be worth thinking about if you ever venture off your private road.;)

That is one of the most criminal acts of law. Not in the act of burning oil but in the legislation and taxing of it. There is no greater need in society today than alternatives to fossil fuel.

Had the car makers been subject to follow so many restrictions in 1900 we can be certain that there would be less technology than we have now. Now in 2000 our greatest contribution to society is legal stupidity.

They should be making a contest out of it and telling the oil producers where to put it.

Engines with rotary fuel pumps (like the pug) aren't best suited for cooking oil as extra stress is placed on the pump. In line fuel pumps (like those on the 5 & 6 cyl idi Merc engines) have individual plungers for each cylinder and work at a relativley low pressure, so it is no problem for them.

You do realise you're breaking the law?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/2312521.stm

As quoted from the above link...

Customs and Excise spokesman Bill O'Leary said: "All cars on public roads must pay a tax on the fuel they use"

This just goes to show that whatever we do in life you just can't get away from the Taxman.

I totally disagree that we have to pay tax on the fuel we use. What happens the day someone invents an engine driven on oxygen, will we have to pay tax on the air we breath?!!
What a load of thieving B******s

Engines with rotary fuel pumps (like the pug) aren't best suited for cooking oil as extra stress is placed on the pump. In line fuel pumps (like those on the 5 & 6 cyl idi Merc engines) have individual plungers for each cylinder and work at a relativley low pressure, so it is no problem for them.

I'll be sure to pass the bad news on to the new owner!

Is it against the law if I am using them on private ground which of course I am.

It doesn't matter - does it have a RFL ? if yes , then you are pinched - then can turn up any time and any place without a warrant to dip you ....
Think on before posting such things - they probably have the power to insist upon your personal details from the Hosting service

It doesn't matter - does it have a RFL ? if yes , then you are pinched - then can turn up any time and any place without a warrant to dip you ....
Think on before posting such things - they probably have the power to insist upon your personal details from the Hosting service

Well spoken . He may have dodgy personal details as well you know. Just like his fuel :D :D :D and send HMRC on a wild duck chase or is it goose?:bannana:

I agree HMCE always go after the soft targets because it lets them finish before they go home at 4:00 every day. Just my 2p's worth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom