Cool Tints

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Aug 8, 2002
Messages
2,316
Location
Northamptonshire
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
I had my windows tinted this weekend.

All the door trims and trim around the windows had to be removed.

Dec1.jpg


The whole job took 6 hours.

Tint2.jpg


You can see the level of tint through the open window, the quarter lwindow hasn't been done yet. I went for 35% (lets through 35% of light) all round, you can put darker on the rear windows but I didnt want the real blacked out look.

Tint3.jpg


And the finished result, subtle but cool.:cool:

Cool1.jpg


Cool3.jpg


And being an estate there is room for plenty of women to drop off on my patch.:D
 

sym

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Mar 2, 2003
Messages
4,336
Location
North London
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
very nice !

I take it you are pleased with the results and workmanship ?
 

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jun 1, 2002
Messages
9,945
Location
Staines
Car
W168, W169 & S202
wow! nice very nice! I see that they carried out the work at yours?
 
OP
OP
jimmy

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Aug 8, 2002
Messages
2,316
Location
Northamptonshire
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
Originally posted by Koolvin
wow! nice very nice! I see that they carried out the work at yours?

Yes, very convenient. I carried on working whilst he was doing the windows.

He is a young lad who does this as a living but is thinking of setting up on his own and wants to build up a good reputation by doing 'private jobs'.

I would thoroughly recommend him and can pass on his contact details if anybody wants to contact him.

I don't think he would want to travel too far.............he has a Clio:D
 

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 3, 2002
Messages
3,241
Location
Wales, U.K.
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
:cool: looking very cool there jimmy :D Great job.

S.
 

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 14, 2002
Messages
9,755
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
From the correct angle in the right light we all have tints!


tints.jpg
 

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 14, 2002
Messages
9,755
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
I know someone that did that to protect the Escort Cossie in his Garage!


No, a "guest" arrived in it. Disgracefull POS.
 

KLP 92

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Nov 28, 2003
Messages
2,671
Location
London
Car
Mercedes S600, SL600, C250TD
jimmy said:
Yes, very convenient. I carried on working whilst he was doing the windows.

He is a young lad who does this as a living but is thinking of setting up on his own and wants to build up a good reputation by doing 'private jobs'.

I would thoroughly recommend him and can pass on his contact details if anybody wants to contact him.

I don't think he would want to travel too far.............he has a Clio:D


Can you please forward his details. Also how much did it cost?
 
OP
OP
jimmy

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Joined
Aug 8, 2002
Messages
2,316
Location
Northamptonshire
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
Details PM'd to you.
 

Round the BENZ

New Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2003
Messages
16
Location
South Yorkshire
Car
Mercedes C240 Ellegance
GrahamC230K said:
I know someone that did that to protect the Escort Cossie in his Garage!


No, a "guest" arrived in it. Disgracefull POS.
I knew someone who had his Cossie stolen when they were quite new, the car crim moved 3 cars to get to the garage that had the cossie in. He was sucessful, if they want it, they will take it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom