Coolant leak issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wait till its warm weather ,than drain off and refill with water and pop in the tub of K seal run it for a week or so with K seal then drain it off refill with antifreeze ..
Oops, thanks for the tip but the k-seal went in early this afternoon. I run the engine for about 45 minutes after pouring it in... it was idling a bit rough initially but soon settled. I let the engine cool and then drove it for about 1.5 hours and (touch wood) the coolant level hasn't dropped and it's running smoothly.

Yes thats good news .Keep your eye on the temp gauge . And come the warm weather i would drain off all the coolant , fill it with clean water drain again .Untill you see clean water drain out .Then re fill with inhibitor = antifreeze . The airline crack in the head will be closed up with K seal by then .

Yes thats good news .Keep your eye on the temp gauge . And come the warm weather i would drain off all the coolant , fill it with clean water drain again .Untill you see clean water drain out .Then re fill with inhibitor = antifreeze . The airline crack in the head will be closed up with K seal by then .
Thanks again, I will set a reminder to do that when the weather is warmer..

Thanks

You have nothing to lose using the K sealer Serusa!! and everything to gain, Hope that it all works out for you, keep us updated !!

You have nothing to lose using the K sealer Serusa!! and everything to gain, Hope that it all works out for you, keep us updated !!
Exactly, she's been on a long drive today and things are looking good so far...touch wood. Thanks all for your advice, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom