Coolant Leak Source W212 E250 OM651 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Inspired by Gav @merc85 I've got some more new bits today. :)

20191121_162309.jpg

New Thermostat, Coolant Connection (Fuel Filter Housing) and lots of gaskets.

Other gaskets already fitted, got the inlet manifold, air throttle and elbow all back on, had to come in, too cold......

The inlet does get gummed up doesn't it, the elbow that the throttle body bolts to has a metal sleeve in at the throttle body end,
this taps out and will have equally as much gunk behind it and there is a hole for the boost pressure sensor.

Now got the new Thermostat and Fuel Filter Housing (Coolant Connection) back on along with the complete replacement EGR assembly.
A real pain to get to the bolts for the EGR from the engine and get these torqued up but got there in the end.

Just the Fuel Filter and Vacuum assembly to go back in and the pipe to the inlet elbow from the EGR.

We don't seem to be doing anything in a hurry here.

Got the Fuel Filter and inlet elbow back on along with various little brackets, bolts and clips.

Just the Vacuum Assembly and fill with coolant then tidy up underneath and ready for a test fire up.

We don't seem to be doing anything in a hurry here.

Got the Fuel Filter and inlet elbow back on along with various little brackets, bolts and clips.

Just the Vacuum Assembly and fill with coolant then tidy up underneath and ready for a test fire up.

Ah but slowly and surely you are getting there Pat !!! Good Luck with the "Fire UP " LOL.

Fingers crossed it’s all okay now Pat. :)

Nightmare for sure!

I just had the fuel filter housing done on my Vito (OM651) was loosing coolant slowly, got my local garage to do it but he never removed the EGR cooler! Cost £172 inc the part. So far no coolant warnings.

Nightmare for sure!

I just had the fuel filter housing done on my Vito (OM651) was loosing coolant slowly, got my local garage to do it but he never removed the EGR cooler! Cost £172 inc the part. So far no coolant warnings.

That’s a good price for that. I heard it’s a lot of labour.

Last few bits back on this afternoon, filled with coolant and started.

Took a few cranks to start as the high pressure line and fuel filter had been out.
Ran smoothly, no major leaks or errors showing then lost light to do anything else.

Done an Oil Change then started again.
EML came on with a Position Sensor error for the EGR controller.

Cleared this then went for a test run, no major leaks or errors after this and running smoothly.

Done an Oil Change then started again.
EML came on with a Position Sensor error for the EGR controller.

Cleared this then went for a test run, no major leaks or errors after this and running smoothly.

great work mate! Glad to hear it’s all sorted :)

tempted to sell you my car Pat, and once you’ve rebuilt it completely with OEM parts I shall buy it back :D

great work mate! Glad to hear it’s all sorted :)

Funny thing is we don't know if the small coolant leak is fixed, time will tell.
Good thing though is that after having so much off and replaced there aren't any major problems.

tempted to sell you my car Pat, and once you’ve rebuilt it completely with OEM parts I shall buy it back :D

I have a list of about 10 cars (friends/family) to do services on, been waiting to get this out the way, much prefer changing filters, oil and doing brakes, a lot simpler.

Glad to see that it's all worked out fine for you Pat. Now enjoy, and post the occasional update on how it's going, OK?

Now it’s my turn :D

7-A696-A45-194-A-4-B36-ADF4-01787924-AC5-D.jpg

Now it’s my turn :D

7-A696-A45-194-A-4-B36-ADF4-01787924-AC5-D.jpg
Are you monitoring this loss? When was the last time ( and mileage ) that you had to top it up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom