Coolant Leak Source W212 E250 OM651 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
do you have any instructions to get this off the mixing chamber does the unit come off in one piece ? mines soldly on there and i keep removing bolts and it still seems solid i have the wis installed but just cant seem to find the section on removing it thanks jason

So pmcgsmurf. What was the fix. Was it the fuel filter housing. Their was smoke coming out of the left side of my car. I checked under the bonnet and the smoke appeared to be coming from the fuel filter housing. The undertray at the back looked wet. The car lost abit of fluid. I have changed the fuel filter housing but it didn't seem damaged. I haven't drove the car yet because I haven't put the egr cooler back on yet.

So pmcgsmurf. What was the fix. Was it the fuel filter housing. Their was smoke coming out of the left side of my car. I checked under the bonnet and the smoke appeared to be coming from the fuel filter housing. The undertray at the back looked wet. The car lost abit of fluid. I have changed the fuel filter housing but it didn't seem damaged. I haven't drove the car yet because I haven't put the egr cooler back on yet.

It usually is the Fuel Filter housing.

Ours was not though, suspect it was the EGR cooler.

It's ok. I figured it out. I think they is coolant leaking from somewhere after I have put everything back. My fuel filter housing looked ok when I changed it. Could a hose come off from the bottom because I can see fluid leaking from the undertray of the engine passenger side.

It's ok. I figured it out. I think they is coolant leaking from somewhere after I have put everything back. My fuel filter housing looked ok when I changed it. Could a hose come off from the bottom because I can see fluid leaking from the undertray of the engine passenger side.
Also guys. I couldnt have put the fuel filter housing on wrong. It would sit in place when I put the bolts in. I am thinking it has to be leaking from there or a pipe at the bottom. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry but there could be so many things it's impossible to try and help.
Best just to give everything a close inspection or make a new thread to see if others can help.

Sorry but there could be so many things it's impossible to try and help.
Best just to give everything a close inspection or make a new thread to see if others can help.
I did thanks. Did you put the fuel filter housing on. All I. Have to do is allign the holes don't I. They is alot of fluid under the housing.

I did thanks. Did you put the fuel filter housing on. All I. Have to do is allign the holes don't I. They is alot of fluid under the housing.
Do you know what the checkered black plastic is under the fuel filter housing.

Had the same issue before christmas with my W212, as you can see the inner section of the filter housing pipe that holds the o ring broke away allowing the o ring to fold inwards....No the worst job in the world, also just a note it can be done quite easily without removal of EGR cooler etc, I just let the mounting bolts offf on the front housing and a few brackets etc and there was just enough room to get it out... Also id recommend vac bleeding/filling the coolant system, gets all the air out much easier...View attachment 91367 View attachment 91368
Hi guys. Hope you are all doing well and can help me. I have changed my fuel filter housing on my car. I top it up with coolant but it's leaking out. I can see all the fluid under the filter housing. Have I put the filter housing on wrong. The one I bought had three holes and the original only 2 holes. I dont think that matters. Why is it leaking. I am thinking that's the part I put on and they is a lot of fluid there. Under the car I can see all the fluid dripping

Do you know what the checkered black plastic is under the fuel filter housing.
I have done a few of these. The 3 hole housing is the one to fit (a two hole will leak). There is a o ring gasket between the housing and block, did you fit anew one ? Also this gaskit can slip as you fit it. The black chequred plastic under the housing is the inlet manifold. This is the root of the problem as the 2 hole housing bolts to this and under turbo boost it balloons and forces the housing flange away from the head.

I have done a few of these. The 3 hole housing is the one to fit (a two hole will leak). There is a o ring gasket between the housing and block, did you fit anew one ? Also this gaskit can slip as you fit it. The black chequred plastic under the housing is the inlet manifold. This is the root of the problem as the 2 hole housing bolts to this and under turbo boost it balloons and forces the housing flange away from the head.
Thanks for your reply. I have used the 3 hole housing but I can only put two bolts on because they is no slot for the third or is they. I had a leak so I thought it's the fuel filter housing. I have changed it. Now when I put in fluid in,. It leaks straight away. I can see a lot of fluid on the chequered plastic. Have I not tightened it. I can see the gasket top bit in place. When I took out the original one it didn't look damaged. I will have to take everything apart to see what has gone wrong.

Thanks for your reply. I have used the 3 hole housing but I can only put two bolts on because they is no slot for the third or is they. I had a leak so I thought it's the fuel filter housing. I have changed it. Now when I put in fluid in,. It leaks straight away. I can see a lot of fluid on the chequered plastic. Have I not tightened it. I can see the gasket top bit in place. When I took out the original one it didn't look damaged. I will have to take everything apart to see what has gone wrong.
Ok to begin again,,,replacing the two bolt filter housing with the 3 bolt type, should not be a major undertaking. If ( as it looks like from your post) you will have to remove it and start allover again, this time it will help if you take plenty of pics as you progress, if you can do that?

Ok to begin again,,,replacing the two bolt filter housing with the 3 bolt type, should not be a major undertaking. If ( as it looks like from your post) you will have to remove it and start allover again, this time it will help if you take plenty of pics as you progress, if you can do that?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1609613234685.jpg
    FB_IMG_1609613234685.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 44
Th
They is engine coolant leaking from the firewall behind that pipe. It sprays on the firewall when I rev hard. What is the part I need. I would add video but I don't know how to.

hello, at all I had the same problem for 1 year this conversation my much help thank you very much to you. the source of this leak comes from the lid of the by pass egr leak this product only cold and it lifts the lid hot with the expansion of the seal and metal leak fades. this leak is vicious because the attached plane is not marked. My repairman has simply re-sealed the seal with the sealed leg and more problem and this is settled permanently. here's a video in Spanish or it's rather well explained but no need to disassemble the whole only the lid.

hi
i have the same problem- i cleaned the intake manifold and put everything back together now leaking coolant!

i have check fuel filter housing, its fine a sits the new one, there is no cooalnt on top of intake manifold-its all over my Left engine mount and L intercooler pip and antirollbar

is this the spanish video i have posted as yours doesnt work ?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Th
They is engine coolant leaking from the firewall behind that pipe. It sprays on the firewall when I rev hard. What is the part I need. I would add video but I don't know how to.
did you figure out where the leak was coming from ? how did you fix the leak in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom