Coolant leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daveray1

Car
C class
Hi new to forum first post I have a 2012 c class coupe had a coolant leak took to my independent Mercedes garage who found leak from water pump which has been replaced 2 days ago as I work away took for a good drive this evening soon as I parked at home the coolant warning light came on again I’ve checked the header tank and it’s half full any ideas please

If the coolant pump was replaced, most (if not all) of the coolant would have been replaced as well.

It's normal for the level to drop after the initial refill.

Just fill it up when cold and keep an eye on it.

If it's a small amount you can just add water (deionised water will be better, but tap water is also fine).

If it's a larger amount, ask the garage for some MB coolant and mix it with water before pouring it in.

If the coolant pump was replaced, most (if not all) of the coolant would have been replaced as well.

It's normal for the level to drop after the initial refill.

Just fill it up when cold and keep an eye on it.

If it's a small amount you can just add water (deionised water will be better, but tap water is also fine).

If it's a larger amount, ask the garage for some MB coolant and mix it with water before pouring it in.
Thanks for the quick reply I managed to get hold of a friend who works for RAC he had said the same as you 👍

As above. After draining and refilling the system, small air pockets can remain, but these will work their way out of the system over time and after some driving, This shows as a low level of fluid in the tank. Its normal, but they should have explained it to you. Just keep an eye on the level, but onoy when its cold.

Yeah it’s been fine since I topped it up done a few hundred miles over the weekend and all seems fine now

Hi there. I have same issue now with mine Om651.911 engine, have a message like top up a coolant level... I have opened that coolant tank, added a bit water.... Was OK for feew weeks. Now that message appears again.
After browsing a Web a bit more, got few options, water pump, fuel filter case and Intercooler hole....

How to check those parts better?

Ta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom