Coolant loss....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sheffield61

Car
Mercedes blue efficiency 220E CDI Estate
Good morning..😁

I have an issue with my beautiful baby, a 2010 e220 black Mercedes 2.2 diesel, any advice much appreciated 👍

A while ago she began to loose coolant. My local trusted none Mercedes garage changed a pipe (No idea which one and a genuine Merc part was used)....The garage also put a pressure test on afterwards (Screwed into the expansion tank I think), and she retained the correct pressure....

This seemed to have cured the issue for a while. However, whilst no where as near as bad as before the repair, she's started loosing around two pints of coolant again and staying at this level. It's enough for the coolant level warning light to come on but the engine remains OK the temperature guage says....

The Weird thing is that there's NO coolant leak visible on the ground.....

I keep looking at the expansion tank CAP, original I think. Can't see any of damage or ware but I am stumped.....

Any advice would be much appreciated....

John.

Plastic water pump...common fault...leaks when driving and hot under pressure. leak not obvious when stationary or parked

Plastic water pump...common fault...leaks when driving and hot under pressure. leak not obvious when stationary or parked
Thanks for this,

So she needs a new water pump....?😁👍

Well it wasn't the water pump my mechanic tells me. She's STILL fine when the pressure test is done and still no sign of a leak underneath. I'm told that it's now one of two things;

1. A coolant leak into the engine. I don't think it's that, no sign of water under the oil cap and the head gasket is fine.....

2. An air lock in the coolant system. This is the one I pin my hopes on as it sounds like the cheapest.....😁

*Can anyone advise me as to how I drain the system please??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom