coolant sensor location 2010 w204 220cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davemb

Car
w204 cdi220
Hi all
I know possibly covered a lot(cant find good ref) my sensor has failed, no gauge and code read failed coolant temp sensor. after doing a part search, I have discovered that I have the threaded sensor not the push fit
where is this located, found plenty of images showing push fit on metal therm housing. would like to be sure before ripping it all down.
thanks in advance

Dave

Unfortunately I don't know the answer, but just to say that many modern engines have a temp sensor that connects directly to the ECU, and a separate temp sender that connects to the engine temp gauge on the dash, so you need to buy the right unit.

Hi,
Can you give us more details of your car?
The early w204s had a different engine compared to the later models.

Hi,

The earlier W204 C220 CDIs have the OM646 engine and the later W204s have the OM651 engine.

It will be on you spec sheet or on the V5.

B7C18D98-722B-43A3-88B4-543F40783717.png Ok had a look and I have this housing which is on top of engine it has 2 sensors would any one have part numbers for these

Ok for anyone else with this issue you loose gauge and random high speed fan activation
You can buy the separate temp sender or complete housing ignore the other switch on top of your plastic thermostat housing this is a switch to let Ecu know position of thermostat closed/open
Part no for a on651911 engine is
A651200615 superseded to
A6512002800
Hope this helps anyone in future

Thanks for all inputs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom