coolant visit work shop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mariuss

Car
CLK C 209
I have this message on my display COOLANT VISIT WORK SHOP its coming on after 50min of driving in normal London traffic
when its on temperature on my engine stars rising cooling fan don't engage any more.
if I'm stopping the engine take the key from ignition wait for couple seconds start again the message its gone will appear again shorty
if I'm on motorway temperature stay normal for entire journey .
i have to say coolant has been changed
thermostat that its new recent change
the sensor in the coolant expansion reservoir has ben replaced.
I'm out of options
the only thing i haven't change its the water pump.
ANY ONE WITH SOME HELPFUL INFORMATION WILL BE APPRECIATED.
OR CONTACT FOR A INDEPENDENT MECHANIC
I HAD MY CAR WITH MERCEDES BROMLEY £170 AND 7 DAYS LATTER THEY SAID THEY NEAD MORE TIME TO INVESTIGATE.

plastic water pump is a common fault....if u=you have one...mainly on w204
thanks for taking time to respond my desperate post.
the model I'm driving its .
CLK 2.2 CDI 06 on the plate. i think its coming under W209 not really 100%

Sounds like it's time to get someone competent to look at the diagnostics.
A similar problem with my CLK (like yours, a W209) was diagnosed as the fan control module, by Star Services of Reading. Replaced and all hunky-dory since.
The engine fan isn't simply turned on & off by a thermostat - a control module receives load estimates from the engine ECU and the aircon controller to then set the variable fan speed.

Ian.

Hi wondered if any 1 can help my coolant visit work shop light came on on motorway wasn’t getting hot or anything hasn’t lost any water heaters are fine left it went down road in it today light stayed of I am currently 50 miles from home is it safe to drive back or am I gonna end up on hard shoulder paying a daft recovery bill 🤣thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom