Coolant visit workshop c32 amg w203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMG93

Car
c32 amg
Hello everyone, on my c32 amg from 2001 today the message coolant visit appears. My coolant level is good, the temperature is good. 85 on highway, 95 max in the city with a lot of circulation.
When i am in the city i hear the fan working well. Anyone of you have this problem solved ?
Thanks you, all

It might be as simple as a faulty level sensor in the coolant header tank. Try unplugging the electrical connector, cleaning with contact cleaner and if you can see the sensor in the tank make sure it is clean.

Thanks you. But it's not à level coolant warning low. It just said coolant visit workshop. Do you think à lever coolant sensor is relationed ?

I have not heard of cars being affected for a while now: however when the C 32 was 5-10 years old many suffered with coolant leaking into the automatic transmission fluid.

If I remember right, both the coolant and transmission fluid passed through the same radiator and over time small holes in the passage ways allowed the fluids to mix.

This tended to manifest as coolant warnings and eventually transmission shift quality issues which required a new radiator, fluid changes and sometimes rebuild.

It’s possible to test a sample of tye transmission fluid for the presence of ethylene glycol (main ingredient in anti-freeze) so I would get that done as a priority.

It may not be that issue, fingers crossed it’s a sensor, but you should eliminate that as a possibility because of the damage it can cause and the potential for expensive repairs.

Enjoy your C 32c they’re great cars 👍🏻

Thanks for your response. The car was serviced yesterday and no leaks. Just the oil cooler was à little wet, i see thats à common issu on c32.

I see on another topic this problem when coolant mix with gearbox. In my case thé collant looks great and thé gearbox shift very nice.

OP , you will not see the leak Bobby is talking about , it is internal .

Last edited:
Ok thanks. I will check this if i have thé valeo radiator and maybe swap to an other one. But in my case i can't see any relation with my coolant visit workshop message. All the topic i see with the problem of coolant mix is more based on gearbox problem, but in any case there is no warning light in the car related with this problem.

I think my issu right now is other related. But it's good to know this radiator common problem. I will replace for peace of mind in à few month.

Ok thanks. I will check this if i have thé valeo radiator and maybe swap to an other one. But in my case i can't see any relation with my coolant visit workshop message. All the topic i see with the problem of coolant mix is more based on gearbox problem, but in any case there is no warning light in the car related with this problem.

I think my issu right now is other related. But it's good to know this radiator common problem. I will replace for peace of mind in à few month.
One of the first signs that coolant is mixing with the transmission fluid is that the coolant level reduces or the coolant warning message appears in the dash.

The cause of your issue could easily be something else, but you should eliminate this as a possibility quickly. A sample of transmission fluid can be tested.

I’m fairly confident that your local main dealer would check this first because of how common it once was and the possible link to the issue you have.

Ok i have an appointment for tuesday with the dealer. I have to go back home today i have 500 miles to do. Is really dangerous ? All dealer are not available here.

+1 for the fan/controller. Our 209 (basically a 203 in fancy clothes) had this message and it was the fan control unit at fault. Clearly ours was not an AMG but the underlying set up is probably similar.

Some news today. The message totally dissapears. I drive 500 kms perfectly with no message. The temperature si between 85 and 90 in highway. In the city with a lot of traffic with the car totally stop in the trafic it goes until 97 and stay stable. When i take the highway with fluid trafic it goes between 85 and 90 like i said before. This temperature are normal for you ? When i park the car at the end of the trip i see in the engine bay that the fan ventilator was working great. The engine was very very hot but maybe its normal it's a new car for me. The car has not drive until 2 years with the old owner so maybe some electrical bug.

I will see if it comes back...

Eitiher the module is starting to fail, or there is corrosion on the plug (ECU side or fan side). It's common for them to fail intermittently like this before they go completely.

ok we can but the module or it needs a ventilator swap ? Where can i find this module ?

Ok. For the temperature i indicate for you it s good, the car is not overheating ? I will clean the connectors and if the message don t come back i can stay like this or i have to change the fan whatever ?

I had the same message once when I had my C32, I topped up the reservoir and never got the message again in the next 7 years

Ok thanks you. Can you tell me what s your coolant temperature in à lot of trafic with the car stop ? Is 97 normal? Then go to 85 at 92 in highway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom